Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Yet another pushchair dilemma

(5 Posts)
Janeofalltrades1 Fri 21-Apr-17 10:05:30

I am due with my first DS in July and I can't seem to know which one I want/need! or which is best! Please help?

I am looking to buy a second hand pushchair that is suitable from birth and have been looking around at reviews but can't decide which is best! I am of 5'2 tall and live in a suburban area so I will be doing more of car journey, pavement walks, going to parks, maybe some bus rides.
I am not 100% sure of requirements, so I suppose something that is not too heavy and not too big/bulky, easy to manoeuvre, some decent basket space, compatible with maxi cosi pebble, suitable from birth. I like the idea of being able to be parent and world facing.
I have been looking at following pushchair but cannot decide! How do I know which would be most suitable for me without buying and trial for a few months? I don't really want to buy and throw/sell in less than a year. So please do share your experience and knowledge to this clueless new mom to be!

Uppavista baby: too wide and bulky
Bugaboo Cameleon 2 or 3: I really like the design, but what are the cons?
iCandy Peach: any good? looks like a popular one, what are the cons with this?
Babyjogger City Mini GT: not parent facing
Bugaboo Bee: seems a bit flimsy/not secure enough. Anyone with any issue with security?

Please do share your experience with any of the pushchair mentioned or any that you like! Thank you!

Nan0second Fri 21-Apr-17 10:35:58

Jogger mini gt is brilliant. Ok it doesn't parent face but there was a period of about 3 months where I cared about that. I used a soft insert so DD faced me when she was tiny until about 4 months old. Then she sat and looked out (she had reflux and wanted to be upright). Compatible with car seat.
I bought 2nd hand and got it for £250 including cosytoes, buggy bar, rain cover.
The hood is amazing. It's so easy to fold.
Incidentally, my mates with other travel systems, all ditched them and bought a second buggy when baby was 6 months. Us city jogger fans are hanging on and our toddlers are very comfy smile

user1479939331 Fri 21-Apr-17 18:45:26

I love my icandy peach! Recommended because of the small fold and the height risers that come with it. Only criticism is that it is quite heavy although it doesn't feel heavy to push, only time you feel the weight is when lifting it in and out of the car (which is what DH is for lol)

JohnLapsleyParlabane Fri 21-Apr-17 18:49:47

As a fellow petite mum, I really rate the Bugaboo Bee 3 and the Babyzen Yoyo0+

AppleMagic Fri 21-Apr-17 18:54:45

I've had three from your list - chameleon, bee and city mini gt. Unless you need to take it off road I'd go for the bee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now