Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Using Maclaren past its weight limit

(8 Posts)
BroccoliOnTheFloor Mon 17-Apr-17 12:20:13

I am looking for an umbrella fold pushchair. I really like Maclarens (Quest or Techno), but I am put of by their weight limit of 15kg. Similar pushchairs (Silvercross) have a weight limit of 25kg, and Maclarens feel sturdier. Is anyone using a Maclaren for a heavier child? Does it work? Does it void the warranty? Thanks.

emochild Mon 17-Apr-17 12:26:31

The 15kg limit is to do with British standards -not how much the pushchair is physically capable of carrying

If you go on the maclaren US website and look at the spec they are generally tested to 25kg -it's the same pushchair, just different testing standards

In regards to your warranty, they aren't going to weigh your child!
But hanging shopping over the handles or using non-approved accessories buggy boards will invalidate it

BikeRunSki Mon 17-Apr-17 12:28:22

I had a Cosato that started folding up in use when DS was a tiny bit over the weight limit. It was a pretty rubbish stroller mind. Maclarens might have better tolerance.

I imagine using any buggy over the weight limit will void the warranty.

BikeRunSki Mon 17-Apr-17 12:29:18

ignore me, emochild seems to know what she is talking about.

JigglyTuff Mon 17-Apr-17 12:29:51

DS had a techno and I've sat in it. Believe me, I weigh more than 15kg grin

Oscha Mon 17-Apr-17 12:31:15

I have a Maclaren Techno XLR and the other week had to take v ill 5yo DD to the doctor's - we didn't have the car and she couldn't walk that far due to feeling so rubbish, so I put her in the pushchair. I don't know how much she weighs but she's an average 5yo and must be waaaay over the weight limit. I was slightly nervous it would collapse! But it was totally fine. Obviously only a short journey though...

3boys3dogshelp Mon 17-Apr-17 12:33:23

Yep all British pushchairs are tested to 15kg. We had a BJCM and it was tested to about 20kg in the USA (I even used it beyond that and it was fine albeit a bit tricky to push)

BroccoliOnTheFloor Mon 17-Apr-17 13:09:56

Great, thank you so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now