Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Baby Jogger City Mini BJCM for newborn - carry cot and car seat questions

(8 Posts)
clevername Sun 16-Apr-17 22:03:42

Hi all

I have an oldish BJCM (I bought it second hand off ebay a couple of years ago) and was worried about using it for my imminent DC2 - largely because I really wanted a parent-facing option. And also the pictures I've seen of it with a car seat adaptation look really weird (i.e. with the seat fabric in place).

Anyway, I've had a look around for something else and nothing is really doing it for me... I really love the BJCM!

So today I realised you could get a carry cot attachment (how did I not know this?!) which (I hope!) solves all of my problems. I just have a couple of quick questions, if anyone has had experience?

1. Is the carry cot compatible with slightly older models (I'm afraid I don't think I can be specific with age).
2. I know that I can take the stroller seat fabric off - I'm assuming I can do this when using both the carry cot and car seat adaptations?
3. Does it work well with these adaptations? As in, it isn't wobbly and kind of half-arsed is it?!
4. Is the deluxe carry cot worth the extra dosh?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Enidblyton1 Sun 16-Apr-17 22:12:20

I sold my bjcm about 2 years ago so could be mine you have! I never used a carry cot, but I'm sure it would work fine with the adapters. I used the car seat on top of the buggy for at least 6 months and it was absolutely fine. Definitely no need to remove the seat cover (didn't even know you could).

Lorelaithe1st Sun 16-Apr-17 22:15:32

We used the carrycot and car seat adaptors from birth with our BJCM. We did remove all the seat fabric so it was just a chassis with the adaptors for each but I don't think you are meant to! It was a lot lighter to carry though.

clevername Sun 16-Apr-17 22:15:39

Ha ha... did you post it to Kent by any chance?!

I want to remove the seat covers because I just think it looks weird with them on... no offence intended (and I do realise this makes me sound a bit shallow!)

clevername Sun 16-Apr-17 22:17:08

Ooh, good to know - thanks Lorelaithe.

Was it 'solid' enough?

Lorelaithe1st Sun 16-Apr-17 23:03:50

Yes felt pretty solid to me (although not the same as proper travel system we had for our second - Uppababy Vista). It was only after I saw some pics online that showed the seat material as well as the car seat/carrycot that I realised you're probably meant to keep it on.

madeleinecreek Mon 17-Apr-17 10:11:12

I don't think the deluxe carrycot will fit, but I'm not certain. Might be worth joining one of the Facebook groups as they have an encyclopaedic knowledge of this sort of thing.

clevername Mon 17-Apr-17 15:22:35

Thank you.

I'm not on Facebook but I'll find someone to join the group and ask for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now