Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo yellow hood and flies

(6 Posts)
Seahawk80 Thu 13-Apr-17 10:35:01

I've decided on a bugaboo bee aster looking at lots of options. Was about to order it with a yellow hood but my friend told me they get really grubby and attract flies. Given that I'll have a newborn in summer it has put me off but I do love the yellow. Is this really the case? Does anyone regret buying yellow or does anyone have yellow and find it fine? I live in SE London if that makes any difference - I did think London pollution might make it grubby but flies are my main worry.

Nowthereistwo Thu 13-Apr-17 10:37:24

We have the orange good and it really attracted the black bugs and thunder flies - think yellow would to. Looked good though...

EllaMenoPea Thu 13-Apr-17 10:38:48

I had a lime green silver cross stroller and last summer the flies did cover it but I can only remember it being for about a week in the summer and when I was at the beach, they didn't cover the buggy when I was in town.

Overall I used the stroller almost daily for 18months and it bothered me for about a week.

Cakescakescakes Thu 13-Apr-17 10:43:59

Yup my friend had a yellow Bugaboo Bee and changed the hood to navy after only a few weeks as it was a total fly magnet.

makingthisupasigoalong Thu 13-Apr-17 10:44:05

I had a black bugaboo chameleon but bought a yellow sunshade for it and really regretted it as it always attracted bugs and flies. Stopped using it after a short time. Really wasn't my best buy at all.

Cakescakescakes Thu 13-Apr-17 10:44:13

And we live in a city.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now