Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Bugaboo yellow hood and flies

(6 Posts)
Seahawk80 Thu 13-Apr-17 10:35:01

I've decided on a bugaboo bee aster looking at lots of options. Was about to order it with a yellow hood but my friend told me they get really grubby and attract flies. Given that I'll have a newborn in summer it has put me off but I do love the yellow. Is this really the case? Does anyone regret buying yellow or does anyone have yellow and find it fine? I live in SE London if that makes any difference - I did think London pollution might make it grubby but flies are my main worry.

Nowthereistwo Thu 13-Apr-17 10:37:24

We have the orange good and it really attracted the black bugs and thunder flies - think yellow would to. Looked good though...

EllaMenoPea Thu 13-Apr-17 10:38:48

I had a lime green silver cross stroller and last summer the flies did cover it but I can only remember it being for about a week in the summer and when I was at the beach, they didn't cover the buggy when I was in town.

Overall I used the stroller almost daily for 18months and it bothered me for about a week.

Cakescakescakes Thu 13-Apr-17 10:43:59

Yup my friend had a yellow Bugaboo Bee and changed the hood to navy after only a few weeks as it was a total fly magnet.

makingthisupasigoalong Thu 13-Apr-17 10:44:05

I had a black bugaboo chameleon but bought a yellow sunshade for it and really regretted it as it always attracted bugs and flies. Stopped using it after a short time. Really wasn't my best buy at all.

Cakescakescakes Thu 13-Apr-17 10:44:13

And we live in a city.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: