Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

An affordable parent-facing pushchair? Any alternatives to Stokke, Bugaboo, iCandy etc?

(35 Posts)
Crunchyside Tue 04-Apr-17 14:57:58

I want to get a new buggy less than £300, ideally meet the following criteria:

- suitable from birth, just needs to lie flat, doesn't have to come with carrycot or car seat attachment, I tend to use slings a lot in the early days anyway.

- ideally parent-facing this time, as I did struggle with a forward facing one with my first baby!

- steers well and isn't too stiff and heavy to maneuver around shops etc.

- compatible with a buggy board for my 3 year old to stand on.

At the moment I've got on my shortlist:

Babystyle Oyster 2 (would probably have to get a second hand one)

Cosatto To and Fro

Cosatto Yo 2 - not actually parent facing but I do like the design

Would love a Stokke, Bugaboo, iCandy but I'm being made redundant so should really be a bit more careful with budget, even the second hand ones aren't cheap and I don't know if I like the idea of spending £200+ on a second hand buggy that is all scratched up!

Any suggestions much appreciated!

MrEBear Tue 04-Apr-17 15:03:23

I have a M&P Sola. Not as expensive as some on your list and does the job.

Crunchyside Tue 04-Apr-17 16:38:50

Thanks, will take a look at that one. God it feels just like buying a new car! Trying to get a shortlist of about 10 different ones so I can get DH to help choose.

MaybeTimeNow Tue 04-Apr-17 16:45:18

I'm looking for similar and have taken to the Mama & Papas sola2. Some of the buggy prices are ridiculous.

SprogletsMum Tue 04-Apr-17 16:46:52

I've got a mothercare xpedior, second hand in fab condition for £20. Not sure what it's like to push as baby isn't here yet but my friend had one and loved it

celeryisnotasuperfood Tue 04-Apr-17 16:47:29

My maxi cosi mura was that kind of budget and I loved it - still going strong for baby #2. I think it's still around in newer versions.
It was that or an icandy and I decided I wanted the money for other stuff not just a pram.

bigredboat Tue 04-Apr-17 16:48:58

I had a Joie chrome, it folded up really neatly.

SweepTheHalls Tue 04-Apr-17 16:49:23

Fb selling groups for all your favourite brands. Icandy apples have a really low resale value (weeps looking at her cherished Apple)

Applycrumbly Tue 04-Apr-17 16:58:54

We have a mamas and papas armadillo flip. Fits all your criteria and we love it

chugging Tue 04-Apr-17 17:04:02

I've got mamas and papas urbo2. It fits all your criteria (I assume it's compatible with a buggy board but I don't actually know).

I got mine brand new for over £150 cheaper than on their website/mothercare/etc because I found a place selling last year's colour editions (which I happened to like more, so the discount was a bonus!) it was from a website called something like preciouslittleone.com or .co.uk It was exact same model and spec etc just black fabric rather than navy.

So, actually, if you're looking to save money on any brand, find out the names of previous year's colour schemes or limited edition runs and google them. Some of the smaller independent retailers may well be trying to get rid.

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Tue 04-Apr-17 17:15:50

I have just bought a oBaby Chase https://m.online4baby.com/obaby-chase-3-wheel-2-in-1-pramette-mars-black-red and I love it, but baby isn't here yet so haven't used it properly. I used to have the oBaby Zezu which I loved which is why I chose this one

cerealnamechangers Tue 04-Apr-17 17:17:50

I would look at a mamas and papas armadillo flip, zoom, Sola etc. They are very good value for money.

Wanderingbluebell Tue 04-Apr-17 18:28:20

Also came on to say M&P Sola was great and not too pricy (though it was a few years ago when we bought ours)

welshweasel Tue 04-Apr-17 18:31:12

Another vote for M&P, although you can get a good deal on second hand stuff on eBay. I just sold our iCandy Peach in excellent condition with carrycot, footmuff etc for £300. Tiny scratches only.

Bettyandtheboy Tue 04-Apr-17 18:42:04

We have a mother care orb and it's brilliant. It lies flat but with a few clicks turns into a toddler seat so if DD1 is tired of the buggy board I can sling DD2 and put her in it for a nap. Brilliant!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 04-Apr-17 18:44:48

Can you get a buggy board on the new Armadillo Flips? I have an old style one and can't get a board to fit.

podrig Tue 04-Apr-17 18:46:36

I had a look/good play with the mamas and papas one and although I didn't buy it thought it was excellent for the price compared to the others we were trying out

Enidblyton1 Tue 04-Apr-17 18:52:02

I honestly wouldn't rule out second hand. I got a brilliant bugaboo bee for £100 on eBay - looked like new apart from the wheels.

Debtfairy Tue 04-Apr-17 19:25:00

We got an almost brand new iCandy peach for £300 (needed the light weight frame) it's amazing!

Longji Tue 04-Apr-17 19:27:08

Another vote for the sola, used mine for both children and used buggy board with it. You don't see many of them around but I feel nostalgic every time I do!

NoArmaniNoPunani Tue 04-Apr-17 19:30:03

I bought a second hand stokke for £200

MaximumVolume Tue 04-Apr-17 19:35:23

I second the M&P Urbo2. It's fab.

usernjdhkvdgkb Tue 04-Apr-17 19:40:43

M&P sola, I had the 3 wheel version that came with carry cot, car seat and seat all for £300, I believe you can also purchase without the carry cot

I loved that pushchair, so easy to manoeuvre,switch between carrycot/car seat etc

Haggisfish Tue 04-Apr-17 19:44:35

I had a britax one. It was brilliant. Did two babies over seven years!

StarSpotter Tue 04-Apr-17 19:48:38

Quinny Buzz is great. Secondhand go for £100 or less.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now