Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

If I want a parent-facing pushchair that could accommodate two DC...

(21 Posts)
EssentialHummus Wed 29-Mar-17 10:49:50

...is the iCandy my only choice?

I've posted for advice before - expecting our first and would like a parent-facing pushchair, but all being well we'd like to have a second relatively soon and wanted a pushchair that could see us through two DC.

Are there prams other than iCandy that do both these things - i.e. parent-facing and convertible to accommodate a second DC?

moggle Wed 29-Mar-17 13:56:15

Do you mean that both seats can parent face at the same time?
If you don't, then the uppababy vista is parent facing in single mode and takes a second seat, the oyster max does, the baby jogger select.

Bugaboo donkey expands sideways to take a second and I think they can both sit parent facing?

BertsBlanket Wed 29-Mar-17 14:07:06

I have a Britax B-Dual. The top can face either direction (and is very easily swapped round) and can also be swapped with a compatible car seat. The underneath seat is fixed but very useful for shopping!

ems137 Wed 29-Mar-17 14:22:12

Bugaboo donkey

Dementedswan Wed 29-Mar-17 14:23:47

The Baby jogger city select is great. Loads of different seating options .

Dementedswan Wed 29-Mar-17 14:26:59

Sorry posted too soon. It can also be used as a single pushchair and has carrycot option, various seating positions and can use adapters to fit a car seat on. The hoods are lovely and deep for naps times or sunny days with a lovely big basket underneath for shopping/junk.

Soubriquet Wed 29-Mar-17 14:28:08

The newest mountain buggy can have the children facing you

PunjanaTea Wed 29-Mar-17 14:32:52

The ups baby has both children facing the parent when it has the rumble seat on. One behind the other though. It's a great pushchair, I loved mine.

NeedATrim Wed 29-Mar-17 14:37:22

Britax b ready double. And the whole thing folds down easily with both seats attached!

EssentialHummus Wed 29-Mar-17 14:38:10

Oh this is brilliant, thanks everyone!

Do you mean that both seats can parent face at the same time?

Tbh I think one parent facing seat is good enough for me. Will investigate these online and head back to Mothercare on the weekend.

Thanks everyone.

cookiefiend Wed 29-Mar-17 21:16:00

Another recommendation for the uppababy vista here. Although in the end when we had DD2 we added a buggy board rather than a second seat, but I am glad we had the option.

user1479939331 Wed 29-Mar-17 22:14:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

bibbetybobbetybooo Wed 29-Mar-17 22:21:02

I've got a double iCandy but I wish I'd had a Babyjogger city select. Brilliant buggy.

ADuckNamedSplash Sat 01-Apr-17 21:02:58

I'm also looking into this - here's a list of the ones I've come across that haven't already been mentioned:

- Babystyle Oyster Max
- Babystyle Egg
- Phil and Teds Vibe
- Mothercare Genie
- Hauck Duett 2
- Jane Twone
- Obaby Zezu
- Graco Trekko Duo
- Jools Geo

However, I'd advise you to look at pictures of all the 2 seat configurations. Even though they can all do it, some can only do it in ways that I'd never want to use, so I've ruled out a fair few (including the iCandy) on that basis.

ADuckNamedSplash Sat 01-Apr-17 21:03:52

Oh sorry, the Oyster Max was already mentioned

EssentialHummus Sat 01-Apr-17 22:54:51

That's incredibly helpful duck, thank you! Interesting that you've ruled out the iCandy.

cuphat Sat 01-Apr-17 23:04:16

We have the icandy peach 3 as a double and can't fault it. Expensive but has been worth every penny to us.

SlaveToDisney Sat 01-Apr-17 23:09:48

The zoom abc is a double and you can have both children facing you (it is very expensive though). I had it and i couldnt fault it.

NeedATrim Sun 02-Apr-17 11:03:25

I used icandy before, but it was at a time when I didn't drive. Now it's different because I have a car now so whilst I love the icandy Tandem, it's not good for me because no modal folds down quickly with seats attached. I can't be doing with the faff of dismantleing both seats and the frame before collapsing the actual buggy, then doing it in reverse to get it back up and going again. Shame as I like to stick with what I know.

ADuckNamedSplash Sat 22-Apr-17 19:09:56

Hi - don't know if you're still looking, but I came across another possibility today: the iCandy Orange. It's new out and the tandem configurations look a lot better than the Peach.

slithytove Sat 22-Apr-17 19:12:56

Bugaboo donkey duo I love it and it's great as a single as well
Buy second hand though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now