Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Experiences of mothercare prams please

(13 Posts)
krisskross Tue 21-Mar-17 16:42:51

am thinking of buying the orb or xpedio as they look nice and are relatively cheap.

this is DC 3 and itll be the last grin so its for one baby.

we live in london...pram is for general walking, school run, days out and to go in car.

Thanks for your thoughts

krisskross Tue 21-Mar-17 21:55:03

bumping.

krisskross Wed 22-Mar-17 15:48:49

surely someone has one? thanks

Cosmicglitterpug Wed 22-Mar-17 15:56:21

I had the Expedia travel system with DD1, swapped it for a double after not thinking it through regarding more children...

Anyway, I liked it. It had a lovely big basket and I took it on London buses, tube etc. I've still got the car seat too. For the price I thought it was excellent.

Jims Wed 22-Mar-17 16:04:12

I had the Spin (earlier version of the orb). The spin mechanism broke several times and it got replaced with an Orb instead. Same thing happened again. We got it replaced with a maclaren as ds2 was 18 months or so by then. Loved the idea, sadly the spin mechanism itself wasn't strong enough. When it breaks, you can't steer as it just spins instead. Have to say customer service was really good so I tend to still buy car seats etc from there.

indigo13 Wed 22-Mar-17 16:14:29

I had an orb for my first baby, I have had many other prams since and the orb was by far the best. It was the little things like the straps that never twisted, the clips were easy, zip up the middle for the footmuff, unscratchable chassis (the smokey coloured one), pivoting bumper bar... I could go on. It just seemed to be the most ergonomic and user friendly. Also when walking with friends with all sorts of other prams in the sun, my baby was the only one to be shaded by the hood no matter the angle. Not to mention its a good looking pram. I didnt often use the rotation feature because I like my babies to face me but it was handy for at the zoo, change of scenery, bringing close to table in a cafe etc. Yes, id say buy it!

sleepykidsplease Wed 22-Mar-17 16:20:30

I would avoid the orb. It was ok and did the job for us but as soon as DD went into the next stage car seat, i.e. Not j e that you could attach to the base, we bought a different pram that was less bulky and more comfortable. We did still use it for DS however when he was in the stage 0 car seat. I only really used the spin system when walking if the sun was quite low and getting right in their eyes when they were facing me.

JacquelineChan Wed 22-Mar-17 16:24:29

i had the expedia it was lovely ! i second the PP wrt the large shopping basket. Great value with the infant car seat , and the lie flat pram that can change into a forward or backwards facing buggy.

I used the pram bit as a carrycot for a while as newborn DS would nap in it downstairs because he hated his moses basket.

i did end up giving it away when he was about a year old because we used to live in a first floor flat so a small fold up buggy was more convenient .
i miss it !

krisskross Wed 22-Mar-17 18:37:10

thanks everyone. i may jump in and get one!! can i ask is the expedia the same as the current oddly named xpedior? thanks again all.

Cosmicglitterpug Wed 22-Mar-17 20:17:03

Yeah, xpedior is what it's called. I had the name wrong!

krisskross Wed 22-Mar-17 22:17:50

great, thanks cosmic.

RyanStartedTheFire Thu 23-Mar-17 13:29:59

I had the orb. It was bloody horrible.

RyanStartedTheFire Thu 23-Mar-17 13:31:25

There is a new one coming out that is supposed to be good. The orb was big, bulky and horrible to use. I traded it in quickly for a stroller, gave it to charity and got a Armadillo Flip XT for #2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now