Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo Bee for newborns - buying a cocoon or footmuff enough?

(7 Posts)
vivaviva88 Mon 13-Mar-17 23:16:39

Hi

I am a first time mum and I expect my baby in May, so he will be a summer baby in Canada. I have a Bugaboo Bee, with a footmuff. Now, I am really confused, should I get a bassinet or cocoon with that? I am not sure if it's really worth to purchase... I have read confusing comments about if I need a cocoon or just go ahead and use the Bugaboo Bee with the footmuff for more comfort and zip off the top if it's so hot during the real summer days in Canada..
Anyone has used the Bugaboo Bee without a cocooon for a newborn? Thanks ! smile

Picklepickle123 Thu 01-Jun-17 15:06:35

Bump! Looking for the same answer...

Pickleshickles Thu 01-Jun-17 15:08:55

You at least need the cocoon, the footmuff isn't sufficient for a newborn.

The bassinet isn't needed though really, just a nice to have.

MiniMaxi Thu 01-Jun-17 15:14:29

Ok so...

We have the Bee3. We got the bassinet which worked well until our son decided he hated lying flat as he wanted to look around!

We then got a footmuff so he could be comfy in the seat and it was way too big. This is when he's around 3 months old so I think it's definitely too big for a newborn. It's also not "supportive". It just keeps them warm.

We ended up also buying the cocoon which we used between 3-7 months before he outgrew it. This was really good. It seems really comfy and has a little detachable head support.

We are now on the footmuff at 8 months old. It's still huge!

My tip would be to buy the cocoon and not the bassinet as it lasts longer (can lie flat or sit up). Footmuff is definitely for when they are bigger.

That said, big benefit of the bassinet - and one of the main reasons we got it - is that it detaches and you can carry it upstairs, around the house etc. The cocoon doesn't do that.

Sorry that's rambling, I need caffeine! Hope it helps though.

MiniMaxi Thu 01-Jun-17 15:15:47

PS viva you must have had your baby by now! Hope all going well

affectionincoldclimate Thu 01-Jun-17 15:18:46

I second previous poster. I have bugaboo bee 3 and an 8 week old. We never had the basinette as they grow out of it so quickly and bought a cocoon instead which I used throughout April and May from the first week after birth when we finally ventured out. For summer months and hotter days I'd recommend getting the sheepskin liner as it keeps them snug and cool at the same time. 😎

Picklepickle123 Fri 02-Jun-17 01:03:15

That's it then - a cocoon to start with and footuff for later in the year. Not sure if OP is reading this, but I've found it very useful! Thanks all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now