Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What to do about faded pushchair hood

(5 Posts)
HiDBandSIL Sun 12-Mar-17 12:26:07

I made the mistake of leaving my stroller out in the sun too much last summer and the hoods have faded in stripes where they were folded back.

I've looked into getting a replacement and they are so expensive even 2nd hand (it's a Bugaboo Donkey).

What can I do? Has anyone managed to dye stroller fabric? Can you buy unofficial hoods from anywhere?

madeleinecreek Sun 12-Mar-17 15:50:59

You could give this one a go? http://www.mothercare.com/parasols-and-canopies/mothercare-2-seasons-sunshade-and-weathershield/654492.html

Or there are lots of bugaboo buy sell trade groups on Facebook where you could pick up a second hand hood.

madeleinecreek Sun 12-Mar-17 15:52:04

Also people on those groups have definitely dyed stroller hoods, but I'm not sure with what.

And the mothercare hood you may need to connect with cable ties not the adaptors.

HiDBandSIL Mon 13-Mar-17 07:12:50

Thank you madeleine

lightningsmum Fri 14-Apr-17 22:17:42

There are several Facebook pages for example Lynndeeloos Pushchair Customs where you can get awesome custom replacement hoods!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now