Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bee 5?

(4 Posts)
MyCatLikesToSitInBoxes Sat 04-Mar-17 21:20:32

I have a chameleon 3 which I love but it's getting quite heavy and cumbersome now that dd is 10 months old. I'm thinking of selling it and buying a bee 5. Does anyone have one yet? It has anyone replaced a large travel system with a bee 3/5?

We may have a second child but I think I wouldn't bother with a full travel system again - so does a bee work well from birth?

How does it manage cobbles or gravel paths? Does the basket fit a reasonable amount of shopping?

AlphaMama Fri 31-Mar-17 16:55:51

I might be too late but just saw your post...

I've had a Bee for three years and love it. But, it is hopeless off the beaten track in deep mud for example, it's just not built for off-roading. Cobbles can be a struggle now DD is bigger (just turned 3). The swivel wheels at the front get stuck if they're particularly big gaps between the cobbles and it can be a real effort if it's a whole street of cobbles with no other options.

But, if it's a case of quickly crossing over a cobbled road, it's light enough that I can lift the Bee up and down stairs (for example) on my own with my daughter in it (I'm only 5ft tall, so I'm not a Michelin man or anything!). So when you're in a tight spot, or just can't shift the wheels for whatever reason, it's dead easy to pick up and shift.

But we had it from birth with a cocoon and were very happy with it. There was room inside the cocoon for a blanket as well.

Basket is a bit smaller than I'd like tbh. But it fits either 1 Tesco plastic bag of shopping underneath, or all your gubbins for the day - change of clothes, lunch box, wellies, etc. But you can't fit gubbins and a bag of shopping. My friend has a Cameleon and her's is definitely better from that perspective.

minipie Fri 31-Mar-17 16:59:40

Bee works well from birth. But utterly useless for cobbles or gravel. Basket is ok, wouldn't call it huge. For big baskets look at Uppababy or Easywalker.

MyCatLikesToSitInBoxes Sat 01-Apr-17 09:42:18

Thanks both. I decided to go for it in the end. I bought a second hand bee 3 and I absolutely love it so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now