Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Uppababy Vista Travel Bag

(6 Posts)
teaandbiscuitsforme Fri 03-Mar-17 07:32:50

I'm thinking about checking in my Vista when we fly in a couple of months but wondering whether the travel bag is worth the money? We're not likely to fly that much with it.

Or are there any alternatives?

And does anybody know if the travel bag will take the Vista with two seats?

Thanks!

calimommy Wed 08-Mar-17 00:21:38

I couldn't get the vista bag in time so ended up getting the stokke one which is universal anyway and about the same price. It seems mad to spend the money but frankly Ive traveled a bit with buggies and airlines treat them so badly I've had broken buggies handed back to me at the gate 😡 never mind how dirty they get. It's worth it.

calimommy Wed 08-Mar-17 00:23:24

Oh sorry, I forgot to add, I don't think the vista bag does, but the stokke bag definitely takes two seats and roll on board, I've done it myself!

HiDBandSIL Sun 12-Mar-17 12:33:27

I've got one but unfortunately haven't ever tried to put two seats in there. It is good but I do remember it being expensive and it hasn't had much use (particularly as I've got another stroller now with another travel bag).

Having travelled with the Vista and other stroller (Bugaboo Donkey) I would recommend considering an umbrella stroller to take instead of a full-size stroller, particularly for the airport. It's nice to have the full sized one but they're so heavy. If you take your full size stroller then consider checking it in at bag drop rather than taking it to the gate (if you can manage without it). When we travelled most recently we were told that our stroller was too big and although we could drop it at the gate we couldn't collect it at the gate at the other end.

Misscocopops Thu 16-Mar-17 12:23:35

I believe there is a warranty protection when travelling with the vista bag. I adore my vista and always wanted to take it away but I did find using a little cheap umbrella fold stroller much easier, and I brought a good sunshade from prince lion heart on amazon. It's a giant pop up thing it was really good. I've travelled twice with cheap strollers and the first time our got broken. It was put on the bottom of a rack overhanging and heavy stuff stacked on top so it bent. If you can survive without your vista I'd buy a £50 stroller for the same. Or there is an uppababy buy sell Facebook page you'll be ab,e to pick up a brand new second hand one.

teaandbiscuitsforme Thu 16-Mar-17 12:31:51

Thanks for all the advice. I'd rather not travel with my Vista, took the maclaren when we travelled with DD, but now we've got DS as well and will need the Vista as a tandem whilst we're away. I still don't want to put it in the hold, or spend the money on a travel bag, but can't really see another option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now