Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Babyzen Yoyo vs babyjogger city tour

(20 Posts)
FunkinEll Fri 24-Feb-17 19:05:39

I can't decide which one to get. It's for a 16 month old and I want it as a lightweight car and travel pushchair. I've tried out a yoyo in store and like it but I can't find the baby jogger in store anywhere.

The yoyo is £120 more expensive (£369 to £249 for the BJCT) which seems a lot and I'm not sure if I can justify that?!

Does anyone have any views on either or both buggies?

Katurah Sat 25-Feb-17 20:40:14

I was going to get a yoyo until I saw was a faff it was to collapse?

norbert23 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:44:29

I have a yoyo, easy to carry and fold, fits in the boot of my mini easily and will also go in the footwell of the passenger seat. Simple, nice colour, baby has been happy in it! Shopping basket underneath is tiny though but I think the newer model has a better one: not the best in muddy paths but it's great in busy streets and shops, never been stuck getting around.

FunkinEll Sat 25-Feb-17 21:11:36

I like the yoyo I have seen but I'm not sure it'a worth the extra money. I've found a code for the baby jogger that makes it £200, is the yoyo worth an extra £169. I just don't know.

Kstar8 Mon 27-Feb-17 13:03:17

I'm interested in the tour too as going on a plane this year!
What's the code you found funkin?

QueenoftheAndals Mon 27-Feb-17 13:05:46

The Yoyo is not a faff to collapse. Pull the hood down, take child out, press button under the seat and voila it collapses!

FunkinEll Tue 28-Feb-17 22:17:12

Kstar8 it's from here and the code is on the page www.justkidsthings.co.uk/baby-jogger-pushchairs/661-city-tour

Kstar8 Tue 28-Feb-17 22:38:00

Thanks, that's great! I would buy it right now, but I'm worried about the reviews that I've read saying the seat is really shallow and the child is held in by the harness rather than the depth of the seat. That must be uncomfortable.....wish the yoyo wasn't so expensive!

FunkinEll Wed 01-Mar-17 07:02:12

Same here. If I could see one and try it out I'd be much happier to buy it. Not sure why nowhere stocks around here.

EnglishRose34 Wed 01-Mar-17 10:11:08

I bought a yoyo the other day in John Lewis for £269. They usually cost £369 which I thought was steep. John Lewis sells brand new, never been used pushchairs and pranks that are not ex display models in many of their larger stores. This is because often times people order them and the cancel their order at the last minute so their name sticker has to be ripped off the box thereby ruining the packaging. Then John Lewis had to sell the perfect pushchair without its cardboard box. So I took advantage of this (who needs the cardboard box anyway right). They told me my statutory rights wouldn't be affected.
When I checked in John Lewis Kingston they had all sorts of top brands there in the discounted section (in nice classical colours, not just the ones nobody wants).
I wish I'd known that before I bought my first pushchair months back (the yoyo is my second one now my daughter is a bit older)

EnglishRose34 Wed 01-Mar-17 10:12:19

#pushchairs and PRAMS (not pranks!)
Annoying text predictor - apologies!

FunkinEll Wed 01-Mar-17 10:56:40

English I'm actually quite close to the Kingston store and tried last week but they only had icandy pushchairs on that day in that section but that's a good tip, thanks. I'll try in store again tomorrow because that is a great discount.

FunkinEll Wed 01-Mar-17 11:00:29

Forgot to ask, are you pleased with the yoyo?

QueenoftheAndals Wed 01-Mar-17 12:59:26

I've used a Yoyo since 2014. DS is now 3 and as he's fairly skinny, he still uses it from time to time. No complaints about it at all. There were some small things I thought they could've improved on, and it looks like they have done that with the newer model.

Kstar8 Wed 01-Mar-17 13:11:19

Wow! I live near the Kingston JL - talk about being in the right place at the right time Englishrose! How is the yoyo?

EnglishRose34 Wed 01-Mar-17 13:19:23

Hey Funkin
Oh how funny that you are so close. That's cool.
To be honest I've only owned it for about 4 days. But so far so good.
Personally I think it's quite different to the City Tour (much lighter weight something like 1.5 kg). Having always previously used an uppababy cruise it feels almost flimsy in comparison but that's what I wanted: a second pushchair that's super lightweight and easy peasy to use in a rush (I'm always late 😂) and something tiny as I'm always in and out of small South London coffee shops and restaurants/ buses etc. I think the YoYo is the ideal if you're an urbanite/ traveller. If you need something a bit more sturdy for parks and the like I'd go for the other one. Depends on your life style. If I'm honest the only parks I go to have paths for buggies and if I wanted to go off road eg to Richmond Park to walk the dog I'd have baby in a sling anyhow OR I'd stick to the main path as a lone female for safety in which case a more lightweight buggy is fine

KStar8 - cool that you're nearby too 👍
Big love to the South London mums!!

FunkinEll Wed 01-Mar-17 16:34:59

We used to have Cruz too but downgraded to a babyjogger city mini when for folding ease. We'll keep hold of the BJCM for rugby training for older DC/ off roading (not that I do much).

I've just won an old style Yoyo on eBay so I'm happy with that. I like the new tweaks on the plus model but I think that the price might lead to divorce 😂

FunkinEll Wed 01-Mar-17 16:36:57

kstar8 you're close to Kingston too. We're obviously all living in yoyo-ville.

glorious Wed 01-Mar-17 16:47:53

I can only speak for the yoyo but I love ours. You can sling it over your shoulder on the tube or under the seat in front on planes and trains. It's fine to push.

DD is 4 now and still fits but we don't need it anymore so I'm planning to sell. PM me if interested!

TheSeasonOfTheWitch Thu 16-Mar-17 20:25:49

We have the mountain buggy nano which is fabulous! We bought it for city breaks, and it's been so successful we barely use our Bugaboo Cameleon anymore.
John Lewis sell it so you can have a look in store I imagine.
The basket is v roomy and easily accessible via the front. I can just slide my bulky changing bag in and out. It also has a sleeping bag type thing that fits for colder days. DS is 13 months but v long, the sleeping bag will easily fit him next winter too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now