Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo Bee Plus footmuff help

(12 Posts)
BabsUnited Tue 31-Jan-17 11:55:26

Hello. I need help with buying a footmuff that works well with the Bugaboo Bee plus.

The Chameleon seems to have a flap which keeps the footmuff secure and stops it from being pulled forward... are there any footmuffs that secure in a similar way to the Bee? I've had so many footmuffs (ok 3 different ones in 4 years) but none of them have worked properly. I'd ideally like it to attach to the top of the pram as otherwise I'm constantly adjusting it - the pram lives in the car and I have to open and use it quickly each morning for the school run and EVERY TIME I go to use it, my generic crap footmuff is all wonky and i need to sort it out every time. I just want to be able to open up the pram with the footmuff all secured in place and bung the baby in. The canopy for the Bee attaches using knobs which means you can't just drape anything over the back of the pram, it has to attach to the knobs between the back and the canopy.

Does anyone know if the 'Bugaboo Universal Footmuff' available from John Lewis fit the Bee nicely? The item description says it fits the Bee but I've heard that before and it's not worked in the way I need it to.

Can anyone help? Does anyone know if I can slip the little flap on the bugaboo universal muff underneath the main seat of the Bee Plus?

MazDazzle Tue 31-Jan-17 12:01:10

Are you near a John Lewis? If so, take your Bee into the store and ask the pram department to help. They will let you try a universal footmuff on your Bee to see if it fits.

BabsUnited Tue 31-Jan-17 12:16:45

Thanks Maz - that thought did cross my mind but I'm not really near one. I could get close on a work day but then I wouldn't have the pram with me....

BabsUnited Tue 31-Jan-17 12:17:18

Maybe I should just order one online and send back if it doesn't fit?

minipie Tue 31-Jan-17 12:29:45

I bought a sheepskin footmuff designed especially for the Bee - it had little elastic loops that loop onto the buttons for the hood (a faff as you have to take the hood off to put it on, but once it's on it doesn't budge).

It was made by Kaiser and you can find it if you google. It costs a bomb though!!

I would suggest trying to find one with loops or buttonholes at the top so you can attach it to the hood buttons - it does work really well to stop it slipping. Or you could always buy a standard one and cut some buttonholes in it I guess? (you might have to reinforce the holes)

minipie Tue 31-Jan-17 12:30:47

Jojo footmuff has ties, you could use these to tie to the hood buttons I would imagine.

BabsUnited Tue 31-Jan-17 16:20:08

Oh good idea minipie I didnt even know Jojo did footmuffs. They look like they could work, they have the hooks at the top. Although I'm worried they'd be slipping down on the seat though, I ideally want something that is secured to the seat.

minipie Tue 31-Jan-17 17:55:22

Hmm maybe something like the buggysnuggle, it has a flap which sits over the top of the seat, obviously you would have to cut holes in the flap so the flap goes over the knobs which the hood attaches to?

DustOffYourHighestHopes Tue 31-Jan-17 17:57:01

Everyone I know has had the same problem with their bugaboo footmuffs and bugaboo bees. They aren't properly compatible and the zips break. As in, three people I know have broken zips on their bugaboo footmuffs.

Love my bee, avoid the universal footmuff like the plague.

minipie Wed 01-Feb-17 12:17:18

Oh yes, the Bugaboo footmuff is notorious for not fitting the Bee very well. It's really designed for the Cameleon. It's way too long for the Bee really. Sorry.

The JJ Cole Bundleme footmuff has an elastic strap which goes round the back of the buggy seat - that might work, you might have to take the hood off the bee, slide on the strap and then put the hood on over the strap iyswim?

BabsUnited Thu 02-Feb-17 13:09:40

I remembered one of my friends has a Universal Bugaboo footmuff, I asked her if I could have a go with it and I've made it fit ok. I hashed the strap underneath so it goes under the main seat. So I've ordered one from ebay, a proper one, so fingers crossed it fits ok when it arrives.

Why is this such a problem though? I don't understand it? Surely Bugaboo must sell millions of Bees, why not do a proper footmuff that actually fits properly? I used to recommend my bee to everyone when I first got it (and was using the cocoon) but I honestly think this whole footmuff thing has really put me off them. I don't want to have to dedicate hours to researching and fucking trying one on, I just want to buy one that bloody fits in the first place from the Bugaboo website or somewhere like John Lewis, not a generic 'universal' one which isn't really fit for purpose unless you fanny about with it.

angry

minipie Thu 02-Feb-17 21:24:07

Totally agree - if Kaiser can make one which fits perfectly why can't Bugaboo?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now