Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Jane Epic Matrix - anyone got one (or either component of it)?

(9 Posts)
INeedNewShoes Sun 29-Jan-17 12:18:34

Any advice gratefully received!

I am due my first baby in May and in a bit of a state of confusion over pushchairs/carseats. My budget is £600.

I am pretty close to buying the Jane Epic Matrix Light 2 with Isofix base, because:

- I need to do a long journey in July so the lie-flat car seat will be helpful to avoid me having to stop umpteen times. For such a long journey (6 hours) I would be concerned about my 3-month old in an upright carseat given recent findings re oxygen saturation etc. Obviously I'll have to stop to feed etc. but I imagine the lie-flat car seat will buy me a little time!

- The convenience of the Matrix also being suitable for overnight sleeping means that when we're away I don't need to take a separate carrycot/travel cot.

- Epic has good tyres and looks fit for some tame offroading (tracks, canal paths etc.)

- Epic feels nice to steer etc.

- Generally the Epic seems a lot of pushchair for the money. Comparable all-terrain tyred pushchairs tend to be more expensive.

The Jane Muum is slightly cheaper but doesn't look so suitable for non-tarmac surfaces. If anyone has any experience of the Muum I'd also be interested to hear about it.

Thank you to anyone who can offer their view on any of this. It feels like quite an overwhelming decision because it is such a lot of money!

INeedNewShoes Sun 29-Jan-17 15:26:36

Hopeful bump halo

CouldHaveNotCouldOf Sun 29-Jan-17 15:36:30

My brother gave me his not needed Jane buggy in 2005 and then I bought the Matrix car seat to go with it and I loved it then and I imagine it's even better now all these years later! I used it for all my children up until 2012 ish so it really lasted well too.
The 'lie flat in the car' aspect of it really appealed to me and all my babies found it very comfortable (well, they didn't actually tell me that but they looked it!) and they all slept well in it in the car and also around the shops, parks etc.

INeedNewShoes Sun 29-Jan-17 16:34:39

Thanks CouldHave. Its useful to hear that you got on well with the Matrix. I believe the Matrix 2 is a bit lighter than the original Matrix which is a good thing for me as I'm not that strong!

I think with the Isofix base though I should manage to get it in the car ok regardless of the weight.

I've been a bit overwhelmed at deciding about pushchairs because it is such a huge amount of money I just cannot afford to get it wrong!

CouldHaveNotCouldOf Sun 29-Jan-17 22:24:36

When I had it I didn't have isofix, it used to go in the car with the use of the seatbelts at either end of the back seats. I could do it super quick but other people would struggle with it, it was a definite art! It must be much easier to put in the car now. The Jane buggy lasted through my niece and my 3 children and then I sold it on eBay so you really get what you pay for. I walked for miles with it too.

INeedNewShoes Mon 30-Jan-17 13:04:35

Just another hopeful bump in case anyone has any experience of the Epic pushchair.

Frolicacid Fri 03-Feb-17 17:32:37

A bit late to this. But, just wanted to say how much we loved our matrix light. Perfect to ease the worry of needing to move a sleeping baby out of a car seat. Great for long journeys. My ds napped so well in it for hours on end. We used it for overnight sleeping when we went away. He's 18 months now and we've not long stopped using it as a car seat in the upright position. The isofix base is easy to use. When the seat is upright, is swivells, making getting in and out really easy. I seriously can't say enough good things about it.

We had the trider pram. Fab for us due to going off road a lot. I would buy another jané in s flash. It's so solid and like new after 18 months of heavy use.

INeedNewShoes Fri 03-Feb-17 19:00:36

Thanks Frolic

After lots of deliberation I really am set on the Jane Matrix (and Epic pushchair).

My next hurdle is that I'm having trouble establishing if the isofix base is definitely compatible with my car. Its such a minefield!

I've got the isofix anchors in the seats, but I'm not 100% sure that the floor of my car (Honda Jazz) is suitable for the extendable leg. Argh!...

Frolicacid Fri 03-Feb-17 19:56:00

No idea about fittings and stuff. But, I didn't have the isofix for the first few months and it's really easy to fit with just the belts if you end up that way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now