Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mothercare ex display pram

(9 Posts)
MojhitoSparkle Sat 28-Jan-17 08:33:07

Hi, I'm not due till sept so plenty of time to go. I was in my local mothercare last weekend and noticed they had 3 or 4 lovely prams for about 30% of the RRP that are ex display but in lovely condition. Fabulous bargains! I'm not sure if I should snap one up now as perhaps they are only available in Jan, or do they tend to have these offers throughout the year? If it's normal for them to have them regularly then I don't want to buy our pram so early on. Any advice would be great. Thanks xx

PotteringAlong Sat 28-Jan-17 08:37:25

I wouldn't be snapping anything up if I wasn't due for another 8 months. Brutally, you are very newly pregnant and anything can happen.

superram Sat 28-Jan-17 08:39:08

They are probably old models so unlikely to be lots throughout the year. However, I am superstitious and wouldn't buy it now. You also need to research to see what would suit.

LIZS Sat 28-Jan-17 08:39:53

They are probably discontinued fabrics or styles. You can always get discounts if you shop around, and you could look in the summer sales. Wouldn't rush now.

MojhitoSparkle Sat 28-Jan-17 09:02:05

Fab thanks! Will wait till summer. I'm not superstitious so not bothered about that at all but would prefer not to have it sitting around getting in the way for months. Xx

MiaowTheCat Tue 31-Jan-17 13:09:21

They tend to have them a fair bit as models change. They're a decent deal though - I had an ex-display one from there at one point and it was a flipping good solid buggy, in immaculate condition but with the repeated demos of how to fold it up and down you'd worn off that initial fold stiffness and awkwardness you can get with a brand new pram.

They've often lost the raincovers though as something to be aware of - wasn't an issue with mine as my kids used to go ballistic whenever I put the raincover on so I rarely used one.

Newmanwannabe Tue 31-Jan-17 13:13:12

You might find your warranty has almost expired too before you get to use it if you buy it too early. To be honest I did t love my mothercare buggy. I wanted to....

Newmanwannabe Tue 31-Jan-17 13:13:34

*didn't

kel1234 Tue 31-Jan-17 13:17:50

I wouldn't get anything this early. In fact we didn't start shopping until the month before i was due. And that was only the big stuff. And plus I am very superstitious so wouldn't have anything in the house until after the baby was born

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now