Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

How old was your child when you got rid of your pram?

(6 Posts)
Mummyslittledarling Tue 24-Jan-17 10:35:22

Hello fellow mummies,

I'd really appreciate your advice!

My daughter is turning two in March and she is my only child, she has a Stokke Xplory V4 which cost me an arm and a leg but I absolutely love it and so does she. Although these days she prefers to walk whenever possible. I've also bought a mountain buggy nano to take on holiday with us as I didn't want to risk taking my main pram. However these days most of the time for convenience I tend to use the mountain buggy as its so small and compact and leaves lots of space in the boot. So I'm thinking of selling my Stokke Xplory but I've got a nagging feeling I'm going to regret it. The money would come in handy and would help to pay for her birthday party or do I just keep hold of it until she's 3?! Many thanks x

kitXi Tue 24-Jan-17 10:39:35

Are you planning any more children? If you are I'd store the Stokke and keep using the Nano until she doesn't need one anymore. If not I would have got rid of the Stokke ages ago!

Mummyslittledarling Tue 24-Jan-17 10:52:55

Thanks for your reply! :D

I suppose that's the million dollar question, I just don't know! Probably not as we went through IVF and it took a long time for us to get our baby girl. I don't think I've got it in me to do it all again but then again I'm not 100% sure :/

calimommy Tue 31-Jan-17 02:36:43

No reason to keep the big buggy other than sentiment. Unless you want the storage basket but if I remember correctly the one you have doesn't have a v large one anyway. I'm a buggy lover so I understand. It's a hard pill to swallow but you won't regret selling it if your DD is mostly using the smaller one and especially if you get a good deal for it. And having it out of the way is lovely too. My 3.5 yo is still clung to the buggy but my 1.5yo will probably be out of it much earlier than him! I'd love to buy another buggy now we have #3 coming, purely because I love buggies but I'd say my husband would go spare 😂

MiaowTheCat Tue 31-Jan-17 13:06:53

DD1 was totally pushchair refusing by about the age of 2. DD2 is a lazy bugger but we'd sold the last pushchair we had by the age of 3 1/2 - given the chance she'd still be expecting me to push her around at the age of 30 that one!

CoffeeBreakIn5 Sun 12-Feb-17 07:44:35

I got rid of our travel system when DS was a year old, we just didn't use it as it was a faff to put up and down and we had a Bee that was easier. I'm now getting rid of the Bee as he prefers to walk, he's almost 2. I've bought a city mini gt which is for off road surfaces, the only time I need the pushchair now is for longer walks and so I can excercise so although it's not as pretty as the Bee it does the job I need it to.

I'd use the stroller and get rid of the Stokke, as much as I wouldn't want to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now