Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mouldy pram??

(6 Posts)
sara5arah Tue 24-Jan-17 10:20:21

So I had my baby boy 5 weeks ago and got a second hand pram a few months back. Stored it in the garage. Went to get it out last week and parts of it were covered in mould?! The HV said it would be ok if I just wipe it clean with disinfectant but I'm reluctant to use it wondering if I should get a new pram. Wwyd??

MoggieMaeEverso Tue 24-Jan-17 10:30:17

Black mould? Get rid. Not worth it! You can easily find another second hand pram in good condition.

SaorAlbaGuBrath Tue 24-Jan-17 10:34:39

Ditch it, you can get another second hand one. I had this problem with a car seat, had hoped to use it for DS2 but had to chuck it and get another. It's just not worth the risk.

sara5arah Tue 24-Jan-17 10:35:03

This is what the pram seat looks like. The carry cot had mould on the hood which I wiped off...but this is pretty grim 😩 what a waste

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Tue 24-Jan-17 10:35:06

I'd try dilute sterilising solution, sprayed liberally on (it's a mild bleach), leave in the light for a couple of hours, ideally outside, to let the bleach do what it does to the mould. Then give it a gentle scrub with a nail brush and warm soapy water.

It's rejuvenated many a pram/ pushchair in our household.

Normally quite a few of the parts near the baby come off and can go through the washing machine. Have you googled the brand or had a good look to see what can be removed to be soaked and hot washed?

TheChosen1 Wed 25-Jan-17 17:51:51

I would wash it as thoroughly as possibly with bleach but be careful not to damage the fabric. Pour boiling water over it to rinse. Once dry, if it smells mouldy, chuck it. If it smells okay, I would still buy a seat liner anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now