Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

M&P Sola or similar stroller/not-really-a-stroller

(9 Posts)
Swearwolf Fri 13-Jan-17 21:54:29

I'm after a new buggy! I've been using my trusty quinny since 2012, dc2 is now 10 months and I'm not loving it any more. The problem is I've always lived in the middle of town and walked everywhere, and the quinny is fabulous for that, but we're moving soon and will be driving a lot more, and having a car on maternity leave this time I've experienced taking it in the car and the thought of doing it every day on the school run fills me with dread. It's a pain to take it apart and rebuild every time and I need something that folds in one piece.

So, I want to buy something like a stroller. But not a flimsy umbrella stroller as I hate them, I have a Silvercross one and never used it as it's awful. Basically, I want something as sturdy as a travel system but that folds in one piece.

My requirements are:
- folds in one, so no taking the seat off
- bar handle for easy steering
- seat not all low down like my stroller so toddler can't out feet on the floor
- decent sized shopping basket
- big wheels if possible, at least not tiny
- rear facing would be awesome, but not essential

I've landed on the Mamas and Papas sola or the easywalker mosey (though I think that might be out of my price range as I'll probably be buying second hand). Did consider the joie Chrome but have since read some negative stuff.

Please help me!

ANiceSliceOfCake Fri 13-Jan-17 21:57:53

I have the sola, it's a great pram, sturdy and easy to manoeuvre. I have switched to a stroller now though as it takes up a lot of room in the boot of our car, we have a big boot. It's just quite a big pram base. Maybe go and fold one down and see how it folds for you.

BikeRunSki Fri 13-Jan-17 21:58:43

Baby Jogger City Mini
Baby Jogger city my mini GT

Artandco Fri 13-Jan-17 21:59:45

Bugaboo bee

TheTantrumCometh Tue 17-Jan-17 16:47:05

I had the mamas and papas zoom, which is pretty much a three wheeled version of the sola and, to me at least, it really wasn't a stroller type pushchair. You'll have the same faff of getting it in and out the car as your quinny and if you have a Buzz it will be just as heavy.

I would recommend a baby jogger city mini. It has all the features you're looking for with the exception of parent facing. We had the double and loved it.

Swearwolf Wed 18-Jan-17 17:38:56

Thanks everyone!

I do really like the city select, but it's out of my price range. I'm buying second hand and even on ebay those go for at least £150 which I just can't afford.

I'm not so fussed on boot space or weight, as those things don't bother me with the quinny. I just want something that opens in one, so no taking the seat off to fold, has a reasonable basket and is sturdy.

Thanks for the suggestion of going to fold some down cake, I might do that!

Urgh, why does the perfect buggy never exist?

Marsis Sun 22-Jan-17 00:05:17

Oyster Lite? You could probably get one new for under £150. Otherwise baby jogger City mini / GT / lite / zip but probably 2nd hand.

Swearwolf Sun 22-Jan-17 07:34:37

marsis that looks perfect, I didn't even know that existed!

Swearwolf Mon 06-Feb-17 16:19:19

Just to update in case anyone likes a resolution (I know I do), I just ordered an oyster lite and I feel giddy! I was going round in circles and stalking baby jogger city minis on eBay, then I saw an oyster lite in town today and accosted the poor woman to have a look at it grin It's discontinued in favour of the new oyster zero, but that just means I got a great deal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now