Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Grown out of Uppa baby bassinet

(15 Posts)
AlbusPercival Fri 06-Jan-17 18:39:38

DS is 8 weeks old and is too long for the bassinet now

But the stroller seat says not to use until 6 months!! What on earth do I do for 4 months?

Anyone else been in same position?

MetalLaLa Fri 06-Jan-17 18:42:26

We used the snugseat for our DD as she barely used the carrycot, they're around the £30 mark online and are designed to be used in the pushchair seat to give extra support to younger babies. They're very good (only problem is the colour is cream so will show any sick or other stains and need washing!)

AlbusPercival Fri 06-Jan-17 18:46:49

Ooh I didn't know about that will investigate

EsmesBees Fri 06-Jan-17 18:48:55

He must be really long for his age. Would also recommend the snugseat but you can use the car seat on the buggy for short journeys.

AlbusPercival Fri 06-Jan-17 18:55:53

He's 98th percentile for height!

SvartePetter Fri 06-Jan-17 19:02:54

Use the stroller seat and lie it flat?

Lules Fri 06-Jan-17 19:07:13

I had a similar situation. I just put him in the stroller bit lying flat even though it was much earlier than you were meant to.

EsmesBees Fri 06-Jan-17 19:52:22

You can get head rests to protect their necks if you have to put him in the buggy seat early.

AlbusPercival Fri 06-Jan-17 20:09:32

Ah also didn't realise you could lie it flat. Don't want to go completely flat due to reflux but think I need to have a play with it tomorrow

ToffeeForEveryone Fri 06-Jan-17 20:14:58

DS outgrew it at about 3-4 months, it is a small bassinet - 8 weeks is mental though, that's a big baby!

We had a compatible car seat so used that or the main chair laid as flat as possible for a while. Once he was almost able to sit up we didn't worry about it, he was still well shy of the 6 months though.

AlbusPercival Fri 06-Jan-17 20:44:28

The car seat does attach too, but worried it's not warm enough for long walks.

DH is relatively short and is simultaneously proud of how tall DS is abd upset DS is long enough to kick him in the balls and head butt him without moving

teaandbiscuitsforme Sat 07-Jan-17 15:17:49

Definitely get the snug seat insert, worth every penny. The seat doesn't actually lie flat because there's still a V where the bum goes. The insert has a wedge to make the seat more like a lie flat but it's still a bit upright. Worked wonders for me when DD was about the same age, had outgrown the bassinet, hated the car seat and had reflux!

AlbusPercival Sat 07-Jan-17 16:13:46

Thanks tea, can you still use s tootmuff with the insert? Worried about DS getting cold

teaandbiscuitsforme Sat 07-Jan-17 18:03:50

Ooh I don't know! DD was in it in the summer. I can't think why you wouldn't be able to, just need to loosen off the straps a bit more.

calimommy Thu 12-Jan-17 06:33:32

Ha I used to nearly fold my LO into it, he slept in it at night as well and it was so cosy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: