Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What travel system?

(9 Posts)
Lanslide Sun 01-Jan-17 16:20:06

Hello mumsnetd I'm new here!,

me and my partner are expecting our first child in may. We have been pretty well prepared and picked up loads of bargin's in the sales already... don't know if now is a good time to grab a travel system too, or are there always lots on sale! I'm finding picking one a little bit of a nitemare and can't seem to make my mind up.

I was hoping to buy a full travel system that would suit from birth to around 3 years old with a budget of around £500 (negotiable) I want it to to have isofix compatibility, and a pushchair that packs up fairly small as there isn't much room in the boot of our car (mitsibihi colt)

Ones that have caught my eye so far I will post links to below are the;

£175.00 hauk whine the pooh shop and drive system
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/toys/hauck-winnie-the-pooh-shop-n-drive-travel-system/0140922/CF0001?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&utm_content=mobile&camp=CA:google:MCF:mobile&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7qLDBRD9xJ7PscDCu5IBEiQAqo3BxDOrcQXdRwEHGkOc0kA1q2FfRWc661k_VzbiXt31-xQaAvx28P8HAQ

£274 hauk malibu xl http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/19/36842/hauck-malibu-xl-all-in-one-travel-system-(rock)/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA7qLDBRD9xJ7PscDCu5IBEiQAqo3BxEo-5Jrdc8IPuTQkh4lFQxoczOYFc9INx_uAu4b1gbcaAksk8P8HAQ

£345 - cosatto giggle 2
http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/20/47480/cosatto-giggle-2-3in1-combi-happy-campers/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA7qLDBRD9xJ7PscDCu5IBEiQAqo3BxHJcqzb1GEsWveaSJMHORBOguTJ_1GaE4tp5W27IE_caAscP8P8HAQ

Has anyone ever owned any of these and can provide any positive or negative feedback on them? Or if anyone can make any other suggestions or have seen any barging I would love to know...!!any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance

//Joe
X

Lanslide Sun 01-Jan-17 16:23:34

Should have spell checked that post!!! Phones made me look a doofus and I can't find a edit option hmm

Anatidae Sun 01-Jan-17 18:56:19

Don't bother with a travel system.

A baby in a car seat is insanely heavy - honestly I struggled to carry ds to the car! They are only laid flat for such a short time, don't get a big bulky system because it'll drive you insane.

Look for something light, stable, reversible (if you want) that folds easily, preferably one handed, and folds compactly. Decent hood, decent basket. Lie flat seat (not bucket type.) most have snap on bassinets or pods you can put them in while tiny, but ds was in the seat from four months - afyer that you need something easy!

Easywalker mosey, babyzen yoyo, m and p armadillo flip xt, babyjogger city mini. Uppababy vista, nuna mixx ... that's the sort of thing to go for. Exactly what you get will depend on your lifestyle - central London is going to be fine with a small buggy whereas if you live in the country try you might want something more robust for walks.

But avoid travel systems.

Lanslide Sun 01-Jan-17 20:50:57

After reading that and doing some research I am quite tempted by the easywalker mosey with the maxi cosi for the car. Reviews look very solid for both units! I don't mind going slightly over budget if it's going to last. Can be stashed away for the next baby!! Do you know I'f there i's any difference between the mosey and the mini stroller?? They look identical just the mini one is cheaper???

Thanks for your post, has given me loads more options to investigate! wink

Phoenix76 Sun 01-Jan-17 20:58:13

I'm very very happy with my i-safe travel system. We call it the transformer! As far as I know only available on line. We bought ours from Amazon. Check it out on you tube, well within your budget, not bulky, lasts until about 3 years, pram converts to push chair easily and great colours! Good luck on your decision and congratulations!

Artandco Sun 01-Jan-17 20:59:23

THe Mosey parent faces the mini doesn't

Another consideration is car seats. A newborn shouldn't spend more than 30mins in at a time due to oxygen levels. So being able to fit onto pram is pointless really. Also heavy to get In and out By the time seat weighs 4kg and baby the same +.
It's considered safest children rear face in car now until 4 years. Seats called extended rear facing allow you to use same seat from newborn to 4+ years. This stays fitted in car. Saves you buying one seat now which only lasts a year of so, and then having to buy another.
Something like joie stages is reasonable price and good reviews

Artandco Sun 01-Jan-17 21:00:34

Like this
www.mothercare.com/combination-car-seats-group-0-1/joie-stages-group-012-car-seat/LD7954.html
About the same price as maxi cosi but will last 4 years instead of 18months

NerrSnerr Sun 01-Jan-17 21:11:02

We got a Graco travel system (symbio). https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/kbe/Graco-Symbio-B-3-in-1-Stroller-Urban/B0077ARLDU not sure if it's still sold.

Our daughter is now 2.5 years and we're still using it and plan on using it for baby number 2. We used the carry cot for nearly 6 months and liked having a car seat that could clip in and out.

Lanslide Sun 01-Jan-17 22:38:48

That looks like a decent car seat as well! Loads to go trough with my partner. This mini stroller dose have reversable seats. It's confusing because it has the same name a's other pushchairs on the mc site but I asked easywalker and they confirmed it is exactly the same just with mini branded fabric's. Seems a grate deal at £215..???

www.mothercare.com/chassis-seats-and-components/mini-easywalker-stroller/LD2626.html?dwvar_LD2626_color=Silver%2FBlack%20Wheel&cgid=#q=Easywalker&lang=default&start=8

Will talk to my partner and go and demo one at a shop on Tuesday and check out the car seat options when I'm there. Thank's everyone for you help and suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now