Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

pram advice for 2... 17 months apart

(13 Posts)
Fashpackmum Wed 28-Dec-16 15:38:32

bought a bugaboo camelion for my daughter... love it. However, I am pregnant with my second and the 2 babies will be 17 months apart. Am thinking of getting an ICandy peach blossom for them both second hand but am worried my oldest will grow out of it too quickly (aparently they come up short)??

I am considering not selling my bugaboo for once my eldest can walk and just get her a buggy board/seat thing also??

I also need a lightweight stroller to keep in the car (I have a very bad back so cant lift the pram in and out constantly), any suggestions for doubles that would suit my age gap please?

thank you x

kippersandcurtains Wed 28-Dec-16 15:43:19

I had a bugaboo donkey and a second hand double nipper (out & about). The latter was by far more light & easy to sling in the boot but the former continued to be useful as a single after DS1 grew out of needing a buggy.

Picklingaround79 Wed 28-Dec-16 22:01:13

Watching!
Am wondering the same thing as about to have number 2 and will be 23 months between them.

BearGryllsHasaBigRope Wed 28-Dec-16 22:12:37

I've got that age gap and I'm two months in now. I have a single nipper, and I love it so I bought the double but I found it too wide and the older one didn't like the slim seat. Also the carrycot didn't seem to sit on it very nicely and was very tall. So that went.

I bought a second hand Peach blossom which I use as a single with a carrycot and a buggy board for the toddler for short journeys. I use the single nipper and a Tula for longer journeys and I just don't go anywhere that I couldn't manage with either of these options! I don't like the Peach as a double with the carrycot underneath. My baby has a tendency to choke and so I like to be able to see her, plus it is cumbersome to push with a heavy toddler on the front. Once the baby can go in the actual seat unit of the Peach I may use it more as a double, or I may sell it and get a p&t instead.

QuandryQueen Wed 28-Dec-16 22:13:27

Sling the baby for the first 3-6months then buy a buggy board?

Fashpackmum Thu 29-Dec-16 08:58:38

If my back wasnt so bad I would sling the new one (I slipped discs in my first labour and went through hell!)... i wasnt sure about the p&t one as the seat underneath looks really cramped? Will check out the out & about option for the car though thanks.

Picklingaround79 Thu 29-Dec-16 12:12:15

Me too on the sling - can't wear them beyond a couple of weeks sadly. Have been looking at Phil and Ted double buggies on eBay instead... seem to be going for about 200 quid which looks reasonable. Though I don't really like the idea of a newborn being so low down there may not be another option till my toddler is capable of sitting (and staying sitting) on the buggy board seat we bought for our bugaboo buffalo

BumWad Sun 22-Jan-17 12:42:27

What about an Uppababy Vista. Have a look at the numerous ways you can have it.

HyacinthsBucket Sun 22-Jan-17 12:45:33

My DD has got the same age gap with her 2 eldest, and bought a Bugaboo Donkey that she is in love with, but I hate the thing with a passion. You have to take the seats/carrycot off first then fold the base and it's so awkward. It also is a nightmare to get through doorways! She has a Phil and Teds that she keeps for dog walking and it's a million times easier to use..........

indigo13 Sun 22-Jan-17 12:48:26

I have an Oyster max which has been great. Many seat combo positions, lots of space for toddler in any position and it doesnt look like the one in the lower seat is in the basket as is the case with the p&t. Lots of people comment on it for that reason

lornathewizzard Sun 22-Jan-17 14:05:07

We have a 2 year age gap and a Phil and teds navigator. It's a great pram but is heavy with both of them in it. And we've not tried it with baby in the bottom seat yet as he's still in the lie flat bit. Also heavy to lift out the car.
If you're looking at icandys just make sure to try them first. Our DD was too tall for the seat at around 20months when we were trying prams out (she is tall tbf)

lornathewizzard Sun 22-Jan-17 14:06:32

As a single the Phil and teds is fantastic btw, easy to push one handed if need be, fits through spaces well

havalina1 Sun 22-Jan-17 14:10:34

Keep the chameleon!!! I have two dc 18 months apart and I got a city mini something or other loaned to me. I already had s chameleon.

Anyway yes I used the double - they are all a bit of s pain but necessary all the same. I was SO relieved when elder took to walking somewhat controllably just after turning 2, and the youngest now goes in my trusty chameleon and I still love it smile

And if you find you don't need it later on you can sell it, but I bet you will revert to it! I thought about getting the Donkey and thank god I didn't as it was a short enough time that I had the two in a double. But it's hard to predict how long the bigger child will want to stay in a buggy...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now