Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Babystyle Egg or Silver Cross Surf 2?

(14 Posts)
10Betty10 Sat 10-Dec-16 16:17:01

I've been looking at reviews, as well as in store and the two travel systems I like are the Egg and the Surf 2. They both seem to get really positive reviews-I was wondering if anyone on here has experience with these models in order to help me decide!

Style wise I think the Egg in Black and Tan beats the Surf 2 (we would have the grey). However, if the Surf is more durable/reliable/manageable then I would be happy with it!

SuperUnicorn Thu 29-Dec-16 19:43:15

I've just bought the egg. I tried every pram in two stores and narrowed it down to the egg and the Pioneer. I wasn't keen on the front wheels on the surf, which ruled that one out for me. For me the egg had the edge on a few points, I liked the brake and central back bar better plus it just handled better than the Pioneer (well it should do being that bit more expensive).

I said I would wait and see what was a better buy in the sales and when I found the egg with 40% off I went for that. It is lovely but I have no actual experience using it as baby is not yet here! I also found mainly good reviews, the main criticism of the egg that I found was the way the handle touches the wheels when folded, now I know it does that I'll keep a towel in the car to put over the wheels to keep the handle clean.

The Silver Cross prams seem to offer a free car seat when they are on offer rather than a price reduction but I think we are going to go with a birth to 4 years car seat and so won't be having one that clips on the pram. If I was going to get a car seat to clip on the pram I would want a lay flat one and I don't think the one on the offer does that.

So tricky isn't it!

Teaspoon74 Fri 30-Dec-16 16:10:36

Super unicorn I think we've just decided on the Egg. Where did you get it for 40% off?!? *Puts on trainers*

SuperUnicorn Sat 31-Dec-16 16:08:58

Pramworld, but you have to have it in purple, which may or may not be a deal breaker for you.

Teaspoon74 Mon 02-Jan-17 13:02:11

Thanks SuperUnicorn. Saw that and am thinking about it seriously!! Found a bit dearer in the petrol blue but haven't seen any offers in the black or the green.

How far gone are you? Am 20+4 and still unsure if it's too earlier to buy big ticket stuff ;)

Vanannabananna Mon 02-Jan-17 13:07:28

If you see a good deal I'd go for it. I bought our pram after 20 week scan as was great deal.

SuperUnicorn Mon 02-Jan-17 19:34:43

I'm only a little ahead at 22+2. I figure there won't be any big sales before I'm due so I've bought quite a bit now.

I liked the navy and green (although my favourite was the red, but I've never seen one for sale in red so don't know if it is a discontinued or coming soon colour). My husband didn't like the purple but came around after seeing the saving. Now it is here he quite likes it. As long as it was a unisex colour (and not white and easily marked) I'm happy!

twinmamma2b Tue 03-Jan-17 21:34:45

We have the Egg and really love it. It's very solidly built and all of the mechanisms work very smoothly. We're using a Kiddy Lunarfix with it - we're really happy with it too.

Teaspoon74 Wed 04-Jan-17 14:35:55

Super - think that is where I'm leaning. Too good a deal to not!

Twin - good to hear. We like that it seems sturdy and yet easy to fold. Went to Mamas&Papas store last night and dismayed at how tough most of their stick is to collapse down!!

Still a possibility we go for the ICandy Peach which also seems pretty robust, but leaning toward the Egg!

SuperUnicorn Wed 04-Jan-17 18:00:45

I was also shown the Peach, it was tricky to fold, there was a bit of a knack to it, it took the sales assistant several attempts and me even more. I would imagine you would get use to it but I just preferred the Egg. Some of the ones I tried did feel really flimsy, but if you wanted lighter weight then I suppose that is the compromise.

user1479939331 Wed 04-Jan-17 22:25:28

I also saw peach and egg but went with peach as it had more features like the height risers and the bigger basket, I liked the egg fold but didn't struggle with the peach one. Thought the basket on the silver cross was tiny!

LondonStill83 Wed 04-Jan-17 22:30:29

I have a silvercross and I hate it. Avoid!

Teaspoon74 Thu 05-Jan-17 00:05:30

Done it gulp!!

First big baby purchase made - egg in purple!

10Betty10 Thu 05-Jan-17 19:47:51

Have decided Surf is a no go- I can't actually reach in it very easily as so long! And I don't even have short arms!

Still like the Egg but the £££ is off putting! So pretty though!

Am also into the Mamas and Papas Urbo 2 in khaki. Any of you lot got experience of it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now