Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Cosatto Giggle 2 v Mothercare Genie v ???

(7 Posts)
NameChange30 Wed 23-Nov-16 17:33:54

Can anyone recommend the Cosatto Giggle 2, Mothercare Genie, or any alternatives?

I'm looking for a travel system for a newborn - this is my wish list:
Reversible seat (front and rear facing)
Suitable for city/town - compact enough to navigate narrow/busy pavements, cafes and shops
Lightweight and easy to fold and lift in and out of the car
Stands upright when folded
Ideally also not completely unsuitable for the occasional long walk (but likely to be along footpaths rather than muddy fields!)

I'm aware that I need to look at them in a shop but I want to do my research and preferably have a shortlist before I go in...

TIA!

NameChange30 Thu 24-Nov-16 08:07:14

<hopeful bump>

Also considering the Mamas & Papas Armadillo Flip or Sola 2, but I don't think any shops near me stock the Armadillo...

BobbieDog Thu 24-Nov-16 08:09:57

I'm very interested in the gb Maris pushchair. They are made by cybex and the seat is suitable from birth but you can purchase a carrycot if you wish

GinIsIn Thu 24-Nov-16 08:41:05

We've bought the giggle - we did quite a lot of research, went and looked at it several times, and also stopped everyone we saw with one to ask their opinion and they all said they loved it!

NameChange30 Thu 24-Nov-16 14:25:30

Thanks Fenella! We have friends with the Giggle 2 and they really like it so that's encouraging us too.

Think I've ruled out the Mothercare Genie (on closer inspection it seems a bit too bulky when folded) but now also looking at the Mamas & Papas Sola 2, the Silver Cross Pioneer and the Joie Chrome Plus.

Really need to get myself and DH to Toys R Us! (As they seem to sell everything on my shortlist.)

NameChange30 Fri 25-Nov-16 19:34:48

Went to ToysRUs today... Disappointing. They didn't have the Sola 2 in store so we couldn't see that. They did have the others on my shortlist (Giggle 2, Silver Cross Pioneer, Joie Chrome Plus) but none of them are freestanding when folded. So that rules them all out really sad

Just had another look online and it seems the iCandy Raspberry might fit the bill, so I'm heading to Mothercare tomorrow in the hope of looking at that plus the Sola 2 if they have it.

Any other suggestions welcome...

TheLuckDragon Wed 07-Dec-16 23:29:01

I have a giggle 2 and it does stand up when folded if you put the handle at a right angle smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now