Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Please tell me all the duff things about the Bugaboo Bee...

(23 Posts)
AveEldon Wed 23-Nov-16 14:09:59

Feeling tempted to buy one and I really don't need one
Second hand ones all look knackered

The parent facing aspect is the main draw....

ShiteBags Sat 26-Nov-16 19:08:34

They're tiny. I've never seen a child over 18 months look comfortable in one.

AveEldon Sat 26-Nov-16 22:04:04

Good point, thank you

AveEldon Sun 27-Nov-16 12:56:57

feeling tempted again.... any other downsides

domesticslattern Sun 27-Nov-16 13:01:06

Someone on here once said that the wheels remind them of hospital trolleys. I agree!
I find it very loooooong to manoeuvre - are you planning to use public transport?

AveEldon Sun 27-Nov-16 13:05:26

Occasional bus journeys... maybe the tube
I already have a mountain buggy and a maclaren but I'm after something forward facing

They are on offer for Black Friday in a few places

KitNeutron Sun 27-Nov-16 13:10:41

My Ds is 21 months and doesn't look too big for his. He's small for his age but not by that much.

However it feels a bit wobbly sometimes. Shit on uneven ground. The raincover is crap.

I absolutely adore mine in spite of all that. If I had my time again I'd buy one to start with and would never want another buggy.

coffeecakemum Sun 27-Nov-16 13:11:39

They are very light weight ideal if you travel in tubes and buses. Very easy to fold and put inside a car. I used mine for 3 years and 3 international trips. It's still in very good condition. Only issue was the height adjustment was a bit cramped after my son was 3. But we almost stopped using it by that age. Now I have it wrapped up ready for my sister. I am sure we can get another 3 years of usage from it.

AveEldon Sun 27-Nov-16 14:26:42

Is the fold more tricky if it's parent facing?

KitNeutron Sun 27-Nov-16 14:33:28

Apparently it is, but I've never had it forward facing (only had it since summer) so I can't compare! It's not particularly light when folded but it is easy. One piece fold was something I wasn't prepared to compromise on because it makes life so much easier. And so few do it in rear facing mode!

AveEldon Sun 27-Nov-16 14:41:01

Thank you

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Sun 27-Nov-16 14:41:13

Teeeeeeny basket and the teeny wheels and shape make it look like a wheelchair

AveEldon Sun 27-Nov-16 15:56:42

If it's parent facing then it won't look like a wheelchair

AveEldon Mon 28-Nov-16 11:39:45

Still debating it - they are cheap on M&P at the moment - but M&P are well known for their poor customer service so I'm hesitating

honeysucklejasmine Mon 28-Nov-16 11:42:56

My sister has one, albeit it's six years old now, which I have used occasionally. I find it impossibly stiff to fold and the seat is sooo low. Didn't feel as sturdy as mine (Cosatto Giggle) either.

AveEldon Mon 28-Nov-16 14:26:54

thanks

TeaPleaseBob Tue 29-Nov-16 10:03:32

I have a second hand bee plus for my tall 3.5 year old. We both love it. The seat is big when extended to its full size, she still has growing room and can sleep comfortably for a couple of hours. The footmuff still fits her now (only just but will see us through the winter hopefully).

It's lightweight and easy to push, a bit heavy when folded but easy enough to carry. The baskets big enough for a changing bag and raincover, can put jackets under too.

Parent facing option is good and we still use it occasionally. My daughter loves that it's quite low as easy for her to climb in herself,

We only got it when she was 2 so not used for baby but we got a baby nest as part of the bundle and it looks very snug and secure so will happily use it for number 2.

Sorry, not quite what you wanted to hear but it's a good wee pushchair. Not perfect but then nothing is. It wouldn't be great if you do a lot of off road walking though.

minipie Mon 12-Dec-16 10:36:20

The biggest issues for me:

1) The wheels. They are rubbish and get stuck in every little pothole and uneven bit of pavement. Wish wish wish they did a bigger wheeled option.

2) The basket. Not helpful that it's accessed from the front. It does hold enough though.

Yeah the raincover is a bit crap too, though I hardly use it due to the hood being large.

However there are lots of upsides. My 4 year old still fits in it just about (it's extendable). Brilliant for buses as it has a teeny footprint. Doesn't dominate your hallway. Very easy to steer one handed. Fab with a buggyboard as the seat is low but the handle extends high - so the older child gets a good space and view. Lightweight. Big hood. Reclines fully. Really well made (ours is going strong after 4 years of hard use) and great suspension (I have sat in it myself a fair bit, it's very comfy!) Easy to fold and unfold.

Beewhisperer Mon 12-Dec-16 10:38:45

I used to sell them. Most sent back pram we had. Felt flimsy and lacking in any quality.

minipie Mon 12-Dec-16 10:58:18

Hmmm I would agree it feels wobbly/flimsy, especially with no weight of a child in it - so I can see why people would be disappointed and might send it back if they hadn't tried before buying - but actually it is very solidly built and becomes less wobbly the heavier the child gets.

Mombie2016 Mon 12-Dec-16 11:03:38

The wheels are annoying as is the raincover - the hood has to be fully extended for it to fit properly, and the seat has to be lying flat. If I sit DD up in it the raincover goes all weird and all she can see is the back of the hood, if you push the hood the back the raincover collapses into baby fconfused That's in parent facing, no idea what it's like front facing. The footmuff hangs about an inch off the floor - they really need to make a Bee specific footmuff.

But the basket is massive, (had a Buzz before) it's so light, easy to move, small, sits up fully in Parent facing and most prams don't.

Curtainring Fri 16-Dec-16 08:09:20

I had one and hated it. The seat isn't very secure amd dd last looked perched on top amd about to fall out.
Bjcm is far far better imo

WaitrosePigeon Fri 16-Dec-16 08:11:37

Really sorry to say but there were no negatives for me. It was absolutely perfect. I had a Bee Plus. fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now