Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Travel systems good for walking the dog too

(6 Posts)
firsttimemama123 Sun 13-Nov-16 09:56:01

Hello,
This is my first post. I am 24 weeks and my brain is boggled!! So I went to look at prams and was totally overwhelmed by all the information and safety considerations thrown my way. So I thought id ask some real mummies...
what kind of travel systems have worked well for getting out and about in the woods with the baby and doggy? I have looked at the Jane crosswalk and the venicci travel system. The lady in the shop was most concerned because a maxi cosi car seat wouldn't fit on the jane.. are other car seats really not safe enough!!? Would love to hear if anyone has used either of those systems or could recommend one . Thanks so much smile grinhmm

1busybee Fri 25-Nov-16 21:04:32

Emmaljunga edge duo......Swedish so built for outdoors. Really really recommend it. Heavy but well built and practical. Carrycot is huge and can be used as a Moses basket for overnight sleeping. Completely waterproof. You can put a maxi cost seat on it too!!

firsttimemama123 Fri 25-Nov-16 21:57:22

Hiya, thank you so much for replying, I will have a look in to them smile I'm still no further forward hmm

Artandco Sat 26-Nov-16 19:13:02

Mountain buggy swift. Small enough for around town also and light, but good off road.

However it isn't recommended you use car seat more than 30mins with a newborn so you are better leaving car seat in car and transferring to pram

spacefrog35 Sat 26-Nov-16 19:14:47

I'd use a sling for dog walking personally.

SweepTheHalls Sat 26-Nov-16 19:16:06

Sling, or out n about 360. Add a carabiner to hook the dog lead on for hands free!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now