Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What Pram fits my list? - disabled mummy to be here

(16 Posts)
SmoothHarris88 Wed 09-Nov-16 00:49:07

Hi there-
Looking for a pram/pushchair/travel system that fits the following:

1- must have parent facing option (pref a carry cot!)
2- must have one handle bar not two separate ones
3- "public transport" friendly
4- Relatively Sturdy - as I have mobility issues and therefore will be needing to use it as a walkerframe, if you will.
5- we are quite tall parents to be ,so needs to have good height ajustments on handlebar

I've been looking at (and have tried out in the shops) the silver cross pioneer AND wayfarer, the 2016 icandy peach and cosatto giggle 2
has anyone used these ? can you tell me about your experience with these?
can anyone recommend any other prams that fit my brief?

thanks in advance!

ThinkOfTheMice Wed 09-Nov-16 08:50:38

Easywalker mosey!

DoItTooJulia Wed 09-Nov-16 08:55:33

Uppababy. Extendable handle for height, parent facing and outward if you want, really sturdy, the best carry cot around (is suitable for overnight sleeping because it's ventilated).

I had the vista and it was the single best bit of kit I bought-but it is on the heavy side. Never got to try the Cruz, but worth checking it out!

Congratulations! flowers

welshweasel Wed 09-Nov-16 09:03:44

We have an icandy peach (the 3 wheel version as we do a lot of off road stuff). It's great for us. But it's very heavy and definitely not public transport friendly (two piece fold). If I wanted something to use on public transport I'd go with a one piece fold suitable from birth like the icandy raspberry or bugaboo bee. I'm retrospect I found the carrycot a complete waste of money, only used it for 3 months.

ThinkOfTheMice Wed 09-Nov-16 09:10:26

Easywalker mosey has fantastic stability. Extending handle, v narrow so it can go down the aisle on a bus. Reversible seat, carrycot folds down flat too so it can be folded with it on. Decent wheels, great steering. There's an accessory of a shopping bag that goes on the back so you don't have to bend to the basket. Hooks in the handle can take a bag each as well. Brilliant bit of kit, I love mine.

JellyTipisthebest Wed 09-Nov-16 09:34:36

Have a look at the britax ones, babystyle oyster and babyjogger city select. It probably also needs to be easy to get the carrycot on first time and very easily. I have RA and would look at those ones as they all take britax carseats the baby jogger does as well its the same adaptor at the deluxe carrycot. The britax has a tall back so takes a taller child and as you press a button on the handle to get it off the pushchair its easy for the few times you do end up using it. More important to check it fits your car.

I found a good sling useful for around the house (getting baby upstairs) and the times when only crutches will work a good idea. I used a ring sling for the quick going upstairs times. For longer use its best to find a sling group and try some out as different things work for different people avoid the popular cheap ones they are often not the easiest use.

Artandco Sat 12-Nov-16 20:47:45

Yes easywalker mosey

Kel1234 Sat 12-Nov-16 20:59:30

I have the silver cross pioneer and I love it. I think it's a lovely pram to use and push. We went for the pioneer because I preferred the bigger wheels. The carrycot seems very warm and comfy (I literally cried when my son had to go in the pushchair seat at 6 months because I loved the carrycot. The pushchair seat is also easy to use and obviously can be used both parent and forward facing. I like the recline as it lays back almost flat when they are asleep, and the good provides good protection, and the viewing window is good for if they are forward facing. The handle is so easy to move up and down, and the basket is a good size- perfect for filling up with shopping or other things. Also the raincover is nice and easy to use, and the range of matching accessories you can get- pushchair seat liner, changing bag and parasol for me complete the whole pram. Also the simplicity car seat can attach to the wheels using the included adaptors if necessary.
For me, the perfect pram (I knew I wanted a silver cross, and after looking at all the options, that was the best one I thought). The colours are lovely as well (ours is all black- pram and accessories, as we ordered it in advance, and chose not to find out the sex), but I do like some of the other colours as well.

Mummyamy123 Sat 12-Nov-16 21:01:02

Another vote for the uppababy vista here! Love ours smile

SpeckledyBanana Sat 12-Nov-16 21:01:19

Our last pram was a Britax Affinity which did all of that except the public transport, as it was chunky.

HerculesMulligan Sat 12-Nov-16 21:03:11

Thirding the Uppababy Vista. My mum's waiting for a knee op and finds it a breeze to push. The frame is quite heavy (it's sturdy), but turns very nicely without resistance.

MimiLeBonk Sat 12-Nov-16 21:05:25

I have similar requirements and I found Mamas and Papas travel systems adequate

MimiLeBonk Sat 12-Nov-16 21:06:17

Silvercross were heavy

Gungdjur Sat 12-Nov-16 21:12:05

I think the Bugaboo Buffalo would be a good shout. We have a donkey and it fits all those requirements. The carrycots are lovely and comfy as well. It has great suspension, I think it would be fine as a walker - my 3 year old with CP can use it as one but I guess he's a bit lighter!

Good luck OP x

Chocolatekeepsmesane Sat 12-Nov-16 21:22:03

My bugaboo donkey is my 'walker', i love it. It's easy to push but it's very stable. I lean on it a lot.

Kel1234 Sun 13-Nov-16 11:52:09

Interesting that people find silver cross prams heavy, I've heard quote a few people say that. I really don't find them to be heavy though.
(The big old fashioned ones that I live in hope of being able to have one day, would probably be quite heavy, but not the newer ones so much).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now