Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Baby elegance beep twist pushchair - help!

(3 Posts)
kayleighb21 Mon 10-Oct-16 11:29:35

I bought the silvercross wayfarer second hand for £120 but it only came with pushchair (I'm pregnant) so we bought the carrycot off eBay seperate. Trying to put it together and the apron doesn't fit on the carrycot I was tearing my hair out trying to get it to fit.. another hood and apron would be another £150.. we bought the car seat new for £150 then it needs adapters another £30.. we are thinking it's more hassle than it's worth and to sell it/return car seat and buy a travel system from new!!
I've had a good look online and the beep twist in aqua looks like the best value, there don't seem to be many reviews on it though. Has anyone had one and how is it? Or can you give me any advice, either what to do with what I have or on another system? Thanks.

Tiggywunkle Tue 11-Oct-16 10:58:51

I have had both of these. I liked the Beep Twist, and its practical. I found the basket to be a bit flimsy - ours broke with not much weight in it. The seat isn't huge. The carrycot is brilliant because it has an adjustable base so that the baby can sit upright.
Have you looked at the Mee-Go Wave because its got similar characteristics but the chassis is easier to use, the basket is larger, and everything about it is just better. The prices seem to be very similar, but I think you will get better customer support from Mee-Go.

However, the Wayfarer is in a different league, and I think it would be worth you spending the extra to get the Wayfarer how you need it. A lot depends on the condition the chassis etc. is in that you currently have. You will find stores start to sell off the older colours of apron and hood as the new colours for 2017 arrive.

kayleighb21 Wed 12-Oct-16 12:18:29

Thank you, just seen your message or we would have considered the Mee-Go as it looks quite nice but I never came across it when looking online. We ended up selling the Wayfarer for the price we bought it for, and after sending back the extras we bought new for it we have ended up with extra money than we would have had we kept the Wayfarer and a brand new travel system (Beep twist) I can tell its maybe not as good quality but hopefully it will do the job and even if it last me 18 months - 2 years before we can afford a better quality one I'll be happy smile We got the aqua colour pack also which is nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now