Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Most prams only carry to 15kg- what do you do next?

(8 Posts)
poppetsandbears Thu 06-Oct-16 14:02:33

I have a 2.5 yr old who weighs 13kg. I would like a new pram but most I looked at say only suitable to 15kg. As we have a baby too my toddler will probably mostly go on the buggy board by the time she weighs 15kg, but I'd like to have the option of strapping her in for naps/ tantrums/ if she is tired (with little one in a sling).

The store assistant suggested a Phil and Teds but I find them too big. Or an umbrella stroller but I'd like something with a one handed push and that can mount curbs easily.

What do people do after 15kg?

user1468344221 Thu 06-Oct-16 17:59:36

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

AppleAndBlackberry Thu 06-Oct-16 18:17:00

I think people just use them anyway. I have no idea what the weight limits were on the buggies I used, it didn't really cross my mind.

KP86 Thu 06-Oct-16 18:29:18

City mini 4 wheeler goes to 25-30kg (can't remember exactly).

I will say that when we pulled out our old stroller for a holiday a few weeks ago I really noticed the difference between having DS2.6y (14ish kg) in that vs the city mini. City mini takes his weight no worries at all.

SpotTheDuck Thu 06-Oct-16 18:38:05

Check the American websites - you can often find exactly the same models as sold in the U.K., but in USA they need to be safety tested up to higher weights (usually. 30kg) so they'll confirm it's safe up to that weight. Once I've seen that I'm relaxed about carrying on using the model after 15kg.

Isisizzie Fri 07-Oct-16 21:37:07

Silver cross pop has a weight limit of 25kg.

SprogletsMum Fri 07-Oct-16 21:38:39

My buggy has a weight limit of 15kg which dd is very close to but I'll just keep on using it, it'll be fine.

Tiggywunkle Tue 11-Oct-16 11:09:58

There are a number of pushchairs with higher weight limits - Mountain Buggy, P&T's (they aren't all large!); iCandy, Silver Cross, etc. all have products with higher weight limits.
The difference between the UK weights and the US is that the UK pushchairs have to pass testing with a load approx 1 and a half times without breaking. There is no requirement to test higher to go on sale. The US test to the maximum capacity although I understand their safety testing has just changed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now