Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

do any of you have a lightweight pushchair suitable from birth...that ISN'T a travel system?

(8 Posts)
bradleybecky Fri 30-Sep-16 10:25:59

Don't think i'll be needing the travel system feature - and noticed options are much lighter without all that. Less than 9kg would be ideal.
Need one for newborns too - carrycot would be a nice feature i think.

moggle Fri 30-Sep-16 23:29:22

I think most buggies these days have the option to put a car seat on top, if that's what you mean by travel system? In particular the ones which have a carry cot usually take a car seat because the fixings are similar.
You could look at the Baby jogger city mini. Does take a car seat and has various carrycot options, but also the main pushchair seat lies flat so suitable from birth. It weighs 7.6kg so pretty light, folds up easily. We have the GT version which is 9kg, as it has more all terrain wheels if you want something for a bit of off roading. It's done is from birth (we had a carrycot) and is still perfect now she's nearly two. Doesnt parent face however. In the end we only had a couple of months where we would've wanted that.

DerekSprechenZeDick Fri 30-Sep-16 23:31:13

I've gone for Mamas and Papas Armadillo city in yellow and black.

I had a travel system first time round and hated it

Terrifiedandregretful Fri 30-Sep-16 23:41:53

Baby Jogger City Mini is fab. You can get a carry cot but main seat is suitable from birth. You can also get car seat adaptors. I think it's about 7kg

Oscha Fri 30-Sep-16 23:51:00

Maclaren techno xlr. Ours has been going strong for 5 years and 2 kids. You can attach a car seat but we didn't.

Notso Fri 30-Sep-16 23:57:00

Baby joggers are great.

Baby zen yoyo is also really good but £££

JellyTipisthebest Sat 01-Oct-16 03:00:55

mountain buggy nano now has a carrycot option. Worth a look

AprilShowers16 Sat 01-Oct-16 03:41:23

Another shout out for the baby higher city mini - we have the Gt version too which is heavier because we have a dog and take it on muddy walks but uf you don't have that consideration then definitely go for the lighter version. It's one handed folding mechanism is amazing and so useful if you struggle for space and just want to put it away.

If we didn't have a dog so need the all terrain option I would have also considered getting one of the MacLalaren lightweight pushchairs that are suitable from birth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now