Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Tandem for 1.5 year old and newbon. .help!

(12 Posts)
bradleybecky Mon 26-Sep-16 06:10:48

Any ideas? Been going through the whole topic and not found anything for this age gap. Don't want anything too heavy either. ....

user1468344221 Mon 26-Sep-16 15:32:21

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

katiegg Mon 26-Sep-16 15:50:21

I went for the icandy peach too. Ds will be not-quite-two when dc2 arrives. I liked that it was compact and felt nice to push and fits in our boot, plus it was compatible with the car seat we already have.

Expensive though, but I guess they all are.

AlbusPercival Mon 26-Sep-16 15:51:14

Have you had a look at the Uppababy vista?

jbiscuits Mon 26-Sep-16 16:03:37

If you didn't want a new travel system (or wanted something a lot less expensive), I can recommend the Graco Trekko Duo. It's about £200. It looks quite big, but fits through doorways fine. You'd probably want to test it in the boot though, same with any double pushchair. I use it for a baby and a 2 year old, walk everywhere with it and find it great.

NickyEds Mon 26-Sep-16 16:09:50

I absolutely love my Phil & Teds, I have a 19 month age gap and have used it everyday since dd (now 14 months) was born. We paid £80 for it on e bay.

bradleybecky Tue 27-Sep-16 08:31:07

Thanks everyone.the lighter the better I suppose....have narrowed it down to icandy peach or the Vista....any opinions?

AlbusPercival Tue 27-Sep-16 08:49:25

i think the vista is a little cheaper if that is a consideration?

NickyEds Tue 27-Sep-16 08:52:56

I love the peach as a single-several of my friends have one and they steer really well. One friend has one with dc with a 2 year age gap so converted it to a double and just can't use it as it's so cumbersome, which is what I found when I tried one set up as as double. She also couldn't fit the carry cot, frame and seat in her car boot. You can, however get a buggy board for the I candy whereas I'm not sure I'll be able to with my Phil and Teds.

bradleybecky Tue 27-Sep-16 09:02:50

Which phil and teds do you have nickyed?

Duckyneedsaclean Tue 27-Sep-16 09:17:25

We went for the peach with a 17m gap. Worked great. And you can fit a buggy board on when you go down to single.

It feels much sturdier than the vista imo.

NickyEds Tue 27-Sep-16 14:08:47

The Phil and Teds Sport bradley

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now