Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Pushchair for 8 month compatible with travel....

(9 Posts)
Moseywoes Sun 28-Aug-16 14:11:45

Hi all
I'm looking for a new pushchair which is lightweight enough to not be a total hassle at airports, which folds easily with chair and bar (if it has one) but which is sturdy enough to be used as his pushchair going forwards, largely for pavement use. DS is 8.5 months and very mobile and strong, so I would like a deep comfy seat with good secure and comfortable straps, an adjustable handlebar and a good sun/rain canopy as we want to use abroad and when sunny.

The GT city stroller is just out of budget for us really - does anyone have any good recommendations?

Hufflepuffin Mon 29-Aug-16 15:45:11

City mini non gt version? What's your budget?

Moseywoes Mon 29-Aug-16 16:20:30

Thanks Hufflepuffin. Was trying to stay under 200 so was looking at Maclaren - but review of baby jogger city mini seem really good.... Just wondering if they're really that much better...?

BendydickCuminsnatch Mon 29-Aug-16 16:22:02

We've just got back from Venice, took our Mamas & Papas umbrella stroller which was perfect for the plane, cheap and seems to fit your requirements. DS sounds like yours!

Hufflepuffin Tue 30-Aug-16 11:46:43

The main great thing about the city mini compared to an umbrella stroller is being able to push it one handed (which you will end up doing once your son gets to the awkward stage where he wants to be carried or walk holding one hand).

The fold is truly amazing and the seat is very deep, but I haven't used maclarens enough to compare on that front! It also has an amazing canopy. I'd pick a second hand city mini over a maclaren-type umbrella, but other people love them. Maclaren raincovers beat baby jogger raincovers, that's for sure. (It does the job though, just being fair!)

I did have to buy a pair of sit up straps from ebay to get the seat a bit more upright for my son (who sounds just like yours!)

Moseywoes Tue 30-Aug-16 22:27:36

Thanks very much for the advice - I definitely need one that is going to last as he is pretty wriggly and actually the point about him wanting to walk so needing to push it one handed is a very good one - I think he'll be an early walker!!

Diddlydokey Tue 30-Aug-16 22:30:16

Baby jogger vue

Iguessyourestuckwithme Tue 30-Aug-16 22:35:19

Baby jogger city mini.

Love it! Am a nanny so have used other strollers but definitely recommend this - tales from newborn to large 3 year old comfortably. I love how you can hold a baby in 1 hand and fold the pram in a second when about to mount a train etx with no help. Great storage. Lies flat for Naps but a great stroller for preschooler. LOVE IT

Moseywoes Tue 13-Sep-16 06:42:41

So I ended up buying the city mini - you guys were so right it paid for itself just even getting around the airport and onto the plane - so light and a dream compared to his original buggy! Thanks for the advice x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now