Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Broken Bugaboo?

(7 Posts)
Brookalinapink Tue 23-Aug-16 12:59:16

Hi,
I purchased a second hand bugaboo which has been fine, although I've just noticed that one side of the handle is lower than the other so seems broken. Does anyone have any advice on getting a bugaboo repaired as I'm not having any luck finding repairs online....my OH want to start taking it apart to have a look which I'm rather concerned about.
Really can't afford to buy a new chassis confused
Thanks in advance x

SloanePeterson Tue 23-Aug-16 13:05:44

Isn't the handle height adjustable? Has it been clicked properly into place? They do have a bit of 'give' in the handlebar though, that's completely normal. Our bugaboo is still going strong after 12 years shock so certainly at one point they were built to last. I think you can probably pick up a new frame on eBay though if it comes to it x

Brookalinapink Tue 23-Aug-16 14:41:04

Hi, it's not the adjustable handle I'm having issue with.... it's lower down where it attaches to the rest of the chassis at the bottom (the round circular bit). If you pull the handle down as to go up a curb for instance, the left side pulls down more and doesn't feel as strong on the other like it it's lost it strength in the pivot point. Really can't afford to have to buy another chassis even on eBay as they seem to still be a few hundred pounds. Xx

SloanePeterson Tue 23-Aug-16 14:44:48

Ah, I understand. Yes that bit can snap inside, my friend had it happen to hers. It is a chameleon 1 (twiddly knobs to adjust handle bar rather than big white clips?) his happened to hers not long after she bought it and bugaboo replaced it. But we're talking at least 8-9 years ago. It's worth googling to see if it's something you can fix yourself, we had to dismantle ours after it was stored the third time as the round buttons to adjust the seat angle were stuck, we just had to file a piece down slightly in the inside and it's been fine ever since. How long ago did you buy it? And was if from eBay? You might be covered if so

bonzo77 Tue 23-Aug-16 14:45:26

Where are you? Buggy pitstop in north london do repairs / servicing. Even if you're not local you can send it to them or they arrange a courier I think.

gigglingHyena Thu 25-Aug-16 12:01:42

Is this the problem?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KghXDvHvtdc

Following that video and with spares form ebay I managed to fix one with a similar sounding problem.

Brookalinapink Fri 26-Aug-16 21:17:56

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and helping me with this. I've got my OH having a look at the YouTube link you shared to try and get to the bottom of the problem.
Just out if interest what comeback is there for items purchased via eBay? We bought it in May but have only been using it for 6 weeks so is a rail shame that already broken.
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now