Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Please can someone invent a stroller with all terrain tyres

(8 Posts)
Marzipants Fri 05-Aug-16 00:26:00

My 9mo DD is currently in a Maclaren Techno after her older brother got too old to go on a Mountain Buggy Duet. I'm enjoying not having so many comments from strangers about the size of the buggy ("It looks bigger than it is", delivered with my best fuck-off-face), but I really miss the feel of the MB. Every lump and bump is annoying me, and pushing the buggy on gravel today - - no idea what I was thinking - - was a right pain.

Does such a thing as an all-terrain stroller exist? And if not please can someone make one. As long as you name it after me you can keep the royalties. grin

Hufflepuffin Fri 05-Aug-16 13:43:39

I think the baby jogger city mini gt is the closest thing to an all terrain stroller, but it's not really a stroller.

Boredomismyenemy Fri 05-Aug-16 13:55:54

Not strollers but compact options like Baby Jogger City mini GT, mountain buggy mini, out and about nipper any good? I could never get on with strollers so stuck to my baby jogger.

SingingMyOwnSpecialSong Fri 05-Aug-16 13:59:44

Out n about now do a little nipper stroller version with eva tyres.

Marzipants Fri 05-Aug-16 19:02:28

I'm now eyeing up the micra life fastfold or P&T Smart. I was hoping for something a little cheaper though... And it is so handy that a shopping basket fits perfectly over the handles of my maclaren.

Marzipants Fri 05-Aug-16 19:04:03

I have always been wary of three wheelers, for so long now that I can't actually remember why. Maybe it's time to look again.

SingingMyOwnSpecialSong Fri 05-Aug-16 20:53:12

You do have to watch for tipping if going sideways on an incline (such as getting onto a steep verge to let a car past) but haven't found it a problem tbh. I've been a nanny for 20 years (and am now a mum) and out n abouts are my favourite of the buggies I have used.

Tiggywunkle Mon 08-Aug-16 11:43:57

The Baby Jogger City Mini GT is well worth a look. The Easywalker Mini / Mosey too. The Nipper is excellent - especially on difficult surfaces like sand. The Bumbleride Indie 4 is an excellent push and has great wheels. I also have a Gesslein S4 which goes over all sorts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now