Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

£100 Stroller. What Would You Buy?

(9 Posts)
SpaghettiMeatballs Tue 02-Aug-16 21:18:17

My DS is 2.5 and walks everywhere apart from days out, when he's feeling very tired or when we are on holiday and he needs to sleep.

He is my youngest and my Quinny Zapp is falling apart having been used by DD. I'm facing the reality that it isn't going to last any longer and in all honesty I find it a bit too light. I can't let DS climb into it as he would like to as it tips so easily.

I loved the Oyster Max I had for the pair of them but got rid of that a while ago. Regret that a bit now.... Should have kept it as a back up single.

Given it will get so little use I don't want to spend more than £100. Would you buy something more expensive second hand or choose something new for around £100??

MiaowTheCat Thu 04-Aug-16 16:14:06

I used a silvercross pop when I was in that situation - bought an ex display one so sort of new but I'd have gone for one second hand if needs be. I'm picky about strollers though and find pushing rickety ones an utterly miserable experience - the pop pushed quite nicely - despite mainly being used to lump scooters, balance bikes, coats and general kid crap on.

SpaghettiMeatballs Thu 04-Aug-16 22:20:39

That is how I envisage it will be used miaow! That and the final slog to the car park at the end of a day out.

I like the look of the Silver Cross. There seem to be so many strollers on the market that all look quite similar but vary massively in price. I can only assume they do feel different.

HelenF35 Thu 04-Aug-16 22:23:55

We have a silver cross pop too. My son is really big so we needed a stroller that would go over 15kg as he's 1 and over 12kg already! It's ok, wouldn't rave about it. I feel that the Joie chrome we had pushed easier and so does my running buggy (but that's a much more expensive one, Bob revolution).

ShelaghTurner Thu 04-Aug-16 22:28:16

Second hand baby jogger city mini. Far better then any umbrella fold

KP86 Thu 04-Aug-16 22:38:18

I bought a second hand BJCM as well. That's what I'd get.

AndNowItsSeven Thu 04-Aug-16 22:40:15

Came on the thread to say get a BJCM

SpaghettiMeatballs Fri 05-Aug-16 07:10:00

A couple of my friends have BJCM and I seriously considered the double when they were younger.

It's a very nice pushchair but I think it's too big. The Zapp we are using at the moment can sit in the boot for up to two weeks without being used. He's a very good walker so it's more a case of having something I can chuck in the boot just in case v

Tiggywunkle Mon 08-Aug-16 11:47:21

A BJCM or Baby Jogger City Mini Zip if second hand or Graco Evo Mini. Kiddy City 'N Move if you want a fab new sturdy, quality pushchair for under £100. Bargain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now