Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

double buggy recommendation?

(10 Posts)
bradleybecky Mon 01-Aug-16 20:43:07

I need a travel system - planning on having another one immediately after this one due in October. (i know)
Don't want a massive tandem - want to be able to fit through doors quite well..not too bulky either. Anyone have experience or can recommend anything? Would be massively appreciated! Would be good to have something both forward facing for both and parent facing...hope you can help.

Mol1628 Tue 02-Aug-16 11:53:40

Always recommend the out n about nipper. You can put a carry cot or car seat on it for the newborn. Nice and light to push, not bulky and fits through most doors.
Wouldn't buy a double yet though! Our plan was to have two really close in age and then my son was so much hard work, never slept and really difficult to entertain so we had a bigger gap than anticipated.

dog4x4parkingloobrushwanker Tue 02-Aug-16 11:58:02

Icandy or bugaboo donkey as they have the potential to be a double as well as single.

EnglebertSlaptyback Tue 02-Aug-16 11:59:38

We're in the same boat as you! Plan on a second soon(ish) after. We will see! But have opted for the oyster max.
Can use it as a single for now but has the ability to carry a second child too.

Hufflepuffin Tue 02-Aug-16 15:59:37

I think the uppababy vista is best if you want a true single with easy conversion. Or buy a good second hand single and sell on when you want a double!

user1468344221 Tue 02-Aug-16 21:18:28

I would recommend icandy peach, have just put DD into the second seat unit and still really easy to push with both kids in, can face both ways and fits through every door I need it to!

Whataboutwhathuh Tue 02-Aug-16 21:19:46

Phil and teds v2 navigator. Excellent single and easy to get a doubles kit for.

Hufflepuffin Tue 02-Aug-16 21:26:58

I never trust icandy reviews on here anymore as there have been so many spammers.

DollyBarton Tue 02-Aug-16 21:28:28

Out n about nipper. It's fab.

gizmosmama Wed 17-Aug-16 14:55:13

I have an 18month age gap and have a Bugaboo Donkey. I must say it's been amazing, ticked every box. I'd use it as a single when just me and the little one, the single with toddler on buggy board for short trips, and then obviously as a double. I got to keep my toddler happy facing forward in his seat whilst keeping me happy having the baby in a proper carrycot facing me. Then one facing each way in their seat and now both forward in their seats. It looks great (as a double, must say I'm not mad about it as a single) and really lovely/easy to push/manouver. It's deceptively narrow and I've always been fine round shops etc. It doesn't fit through my front door as a double but I keep it in the car anyway so that doesn't bother me. If you want something multifunctional I really rate it. It's biggest downside for me is that it's a bit of a beast! It's big and heavy and multiple parts. But a beast is what I needed to tick all my boxes so I'd get the same again if I were doing it again. I'm now about to sell mine and get a stroller as my eldest (2 1/2) so rarely uses his seat, prefering to walk or buggy board and my youngest (12mo) is getting her bigger car seat and has started walking so I don't need the double option or the travel system. It no longer suits us but it has definitely been well worth it for the last year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now