Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Does this pram exist?!

(14 Posts)
DarkLikeVader Wed 27-Jul-16 15:53:34

I'm after a pram/pushchair that I think may only exist in my head, so I thought I'd ask if any Mumsnetters have one they'd recommend!

Basically, I want a pram/pushchair

- that can be parent facing
- is an all terrain pushchair as I live rurally and walk a lot
- but can be easily folded for bus journeys, and isn't too heavy
- and most awkwardly, has a fairly narrow wheel 'footprint' as my village has narrow pavements

Does this pram exist anyone? Any recommendations? I had a quinny for DD - it was ok for the city I lived in then, but was rubbish on buses, tipped easily, had a massive wheel base - all kinds of wrong now.

Hufflepuffin Wed 27-Jul-16 15:55:23

Hmm, that's a toughie! Is the baby jogger premiere too wide?

Tinklypoo Wed 27-Jul-16 15:56:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dizzyfucker Wed 27-Jul-16 16:05:28

Bugaboo

DarkLikeVader Wed 27-Jul-16 16:07:21

Ooh I like the look of the baby jogger but it's only suitable from 6 months, I wonder if you can get a pram attachment for it.

Venicci I can't find any info about the folding, love the look of it though (shallow!). I guess now I have a couple of ideas I need to go shopping and road test a few. Thank you!

Hufflepuffin Wed 27-Jul-16 19:19:30

There is a pram attachment for the baby jogger - I have the versa (its predecessor) and there was a choice of compact or deluxe. Or you could get a lie flat car seat and adaptors.

The easywalker mosey might fit your criteria, if you search for it on here someone posted about using it off-road with some success, and it's very compact.

ChunkyMonkey4321 Wed 27-Jul-16 19:20:53

Bugaboo bee fits most the requirements but the wheels are a bit small for 'all terrain' it's a bit more of an urban pushchair (but I love mine)

Maplessglobe Wed 27-Jul-16 19:21:29

The new mountain buggy swift has a parent-facing add m-on. Small footprint, one handed fold, all-terrain!

Maplessglobe Wed 27-Jul-16 19:25:32

*add-on!

mypropertea Wed 27-Jul-16 19:48:11

Phil and ted?

1busybee Wed 03-Aug-16 23:44:07

Easywalker June?

omri Wed 03-Aug-16 23:58:43

Yes! It exists! Quinny Buzz! I had it and absolutely loved it. Very light- narrow- soooo easy to put up and down. It comes with pram top and buggy seat can be outward facing or parent facing. Car seat can go on top too. Very easy to manoeuvre around towns and big tyre wheels great for rural living. Highly recommended! You can pick up good value travel systems second hand too.

omri Wed 03-Aug-16 23:59:36

Seat can be attached facing towards you or outwards

MaisieDotes Thu 04-Aug-16 00:07:32

Just to say (bitter experience) that the Mountain buggy parent-facing seat on the Swift is only suitable from 6 months and very flimsy.

I don't have the swift, I have the MB duet (double) but the carrycot is the same (carrycot plus) and it converts to the parent-facing seat.

DS2 grew out of the carrycot at 10 weeks sad and then had to go world-facing in the standard seat.

The parent-facing seat has no structure at all, it's just the frame of the carrycot with a piece of fabric stretched over it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now