Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Which buggy fits my criteria?

(4 Posts)
ThePartyArtist Mon 11-Jul-16 14:01:36

Early days yet but looking at buggies. Ideally we'd like it to meet the following criteria:

1. Longevity - something that would see us through from birth to toddler would be good.

2. Good on public transport - easy to get on and off buses. Compact enough to fold and store on a train's luggage rack either at the end of the carriage or overhead.

3. Lightweight - so that when it's folded, I have half a chance of being able to lift it onto said luggage rack! And so it's not too heavy to push up hills as there are plenty where we live.

4. Easy / one hand fold - so it's possible to fold whilst holding the baby.

5. Lots of storage space for shopping, coats, bags etc.

6. Durable - will mainly be used in urban environment but occasionally countryside, beaches etc.

7. Handle height that is suitable for me (5 foot) and DH (6 foot).

The closest I have found to these criteria are the Baby Jogger City Mini which seems to be ok from birth, although isn't parent-facing - is that ok?

Has anyone got experience of this and would you recommend?

Do you know of any other buggies that would meet the wish list above?

Artandco Mon 11-Jul-16 14:27:37

Cybex eternis

Hufflepuffin Mon 11-Jul-16 15:12:08

The city mini gt would be a be better handle height for your dh but the trade off is its heavier and a bit bigger.

minipie Mon 11-Jul-16 17:21:34

Bee - doesn't have a one handed fold as you need to press two buttons at once, but it is an easy fold. And so small that you will almost never need to fold it on a bus. Very extendable handle, I am 5'3 and DH 6'3. In fact it has one of the shortest handle heights. City Mini is fine from birth but a friend has it and says it's quite long so annoying on buses. Also I found its handle too tall for me and I'm 3' taller than you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now