Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Advice on a pushchair (double or tandem)

(1 Post)
CatsBooksCocktailsAndSunshine Sat 21-May-16 18:26:44

I will have a 17 month age gap between DDs and need advice for transporting them. I currently have a travel system that works well and is in great condition; I also have a couple of slings (a stretchy for a newborn and a Tula). Is it realistic to think that I can get away with one child in a sling and the other in the pushchair? DD1 can already walk so whilst I am confident she will be happily on her feet when DD2 comes along, I know she will be tired easily.

If I get a double/tandem pushchair, what is best? I had a look at the Mountain Buggy Duet, but it seemed so narrow and I wasn't keen on the ridges in the handlebar. I also looked at the Bugaboo Donkey and it seemed massive - surely it takes up the entire width of a normal pavement and is a struggle to get through doors? This makes me think that I am more likely to want a tandem pushchair but are they quite easy to get to each child without disturbing the other one?

I really don't know what I am looking for and don't have a budget, as I am happy to pay for the right thing. I do want something that easily goes in the car and isn't a hassle to collapse/assemble. It also needs to be comfortable for the children and for me/DH to push.

Any suggestions or advice very gratefully received. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now