Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

iCandy Peach or P&T dot?

(7 Posts)
gabrielino Wed 18-May-16 15:47:44

Hello mummies!
i am due at the end of October with number 2 and number 1 will be 2yo in november.
i am looking at the iCandy Peach and the P&T dot but ant decide which one to go for?

1-i think i will go second hand each way as i dont know how much longer number will want to seat in the buggy: experiences on this?
2-which one is lighter, more comfortable for toddler especially?
3-do you have any other to suggest? the only requirement we have is that it needs to be compatible with a car seat as we drive quite a lot.
thanks!!

Hopelass Wed 18-May-16 15:53:15

I had a P&T dot for a short time and found it extremely heavy with just 2 yo DS in it and also awkward to fold. Also DS had almost outgrown the main seat at 2yo.
With DC2 due in October I've decided to go the single buggy with buggy board and sling route.
I don't know about the icandy but I would assume it's lighter than the dot it can't be much heavier!

gabrielino Wed 18-May-16 16:03:22

Thank you, i thought it would be quite heavy, that's what my friend as well said but she never folds it as they dont drive, so i wanted to hear other opinions. x

minipie Wed 18-May-16 16:27:35

If your eldest is average or bigger then the Dot really won't last long.

Icandy is supposed to be light to push, but may be quite heavy to lift. Gets good reviews on www.bestbuggy.co.uk (useful site).

I have a P&T navigator which is not bad. Not much bigger than a Dot and much roomier seats (tall 3.5yo is still in front seat, though her feet are starting to dangle over the front wheel)

But if I was buying a double again I'd got for an Uppababy Vista 2015 (not the earlier version) as it looks fab - big seats, big basket, lots of possible configurations and unlike many inline doubles it is possible for both DC to nap at once! However there aren't many around second hand as it's so new - that may change though.

MelT1980 Fri 20-May-16 14:38:19

I have Peach and agree that it is heavy compared to some, but not to push and to be honest I only ever lift it in and out of the boot. Other than that it's great, I especially like the height adjustment bars it comes with to make the seat higher.

Bertieboo1 Fri 20-May-16 14:45:49

We got a PandT second hand from ebay (vibe not the dot) and it was great- miles cheaper but still in great condition. As it happens we have used it much more than I thought and got a buggy board on it now. However I never put it in the car - heavy and cumbersome. We are lucky living in a town so I can walk most places.

gabrielino Fri 20-May-16 17:14:45

Thanks, this is what i needed to know.
i went to the shop yesterday and tried lifting a P&T.. no way! i could not dot hat 2/3 times a day!
The Peach, you have to take the seats off before folding, so it is obviously much lighter!! I think i will go for that!
Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now