Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Which buggy for a newborn and 14 month old?

(18 Posts)
OurGrowingFamily Sat 23-Apr-16 22:09:14

Which buggy for a newborn and 14 month old?
Some I have been looking at online are the bugaboo donkey, baby jogger city select and Icandy peach, does anyone have any thoughts on these or any other suggestions? Ideally I would like one that will fit on the bus.

Thank yousmile

nephrofox Sat 23-Apr-16 22:11:24

I belive the narrowest side by side is mountaun buggy duet

middlings Sat 23-Apr-16 22:15:27

Out and about 360. Was brilliant for my newborn and non walking 16 month old.

Never met a door I couldn't get through

(Caveat: I'm not a bus user!)

LifeIsChaos Sat 23-Apr-16 22:19:30

I had the baby jogger city select and loved it. I had tears in my eyes the day I gave it away still looking brand new.

I still miss it and my dc are 5 and 4 so it's been a long time. It's got a lovely big shopping basket and handles really well, easy to manoeuvre with loads of seating positions. One of the big pluses was you can use it as a single when the oldest no longer needs a buggy and the front seat rest was sturdy enough for him to perch on if he got tired.

The hoods pull right down ideal for naps etc and both seats fully recline. Not many do.

Primaryteach87 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:20:30

Phil & ted is another to consider.

LifeIsChaos Sat 23-Apr-16 22:21:23

Oh and it fitted on bus fine and the brakes are great so no rolling.

reynoldsnumber Sat 23-Apr-16 22:24:21

We had that gap and were very happy with the mountain buggy duet. Good in shops, on buses, on long walks.

Fraggleyourock Sat 23-Apr-16 23:08:02

Mine are 11 months apart, I don't drive so I have to get buses every where. I have the babystyle oyster max 2 and I love it! It's not too heavy (no tandem is light) and it's very sturdy. Couldn't be happier with it tbh!

minijoeyjojo Sat 23-Apr-16 23:13:53

Uppababy vista - really flexible and very well made buggy.

OurGrowingFamily Sun 24-Apr-16 19:50:47

Thank you everyone - lots of suggestions I will look into. smile

MelT1980 Mon 25-Apr-16 09:52:26

I love my Peach, it's so easy to push and fold and really sturdy, I use the bus a fair bit and I've never had any problems xx

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 25-Apr-16 09:54:37

I will have 17 months between DD and my newborn when he/she arrives - I've looked around at double prams, and am on the fence! I'm debating between the iCandy Peach and Bugaboo Donkey confused

OurGrowingFamily Mon 25-Apr-16 11:22:41

mybreadiseggy it's so hard isn't it! I presently have the Icandy peach as a single, it's a great buggy but my friend has it as a tandem& the bottom child can't really see out at all. But with the baby jogger the bottom child still has an okay view side wise. And I love how one child can face you& the other out when the newborn can go in the seat which you can't do in icandy, But I also love the bugaboo donkey. I've decided which one I want if I get a tandem& which I want if I get a side-by-side, now just decide which style I want!

Ellarose85 Mon 25-Apr-16 15:19:37

DC2 is due in July when DC1 will be 13 months old.

We've gone for the cosatto supa dupa twin on recommendations from friends with similar age gaps.

I'm yet to use it but I'm happy with it and it comes with all accessories, it is quite heavy but I think all doubles are.

If money wasn't an issue (we need a new car and house🙈) I would go for the bugaboo donkey though just because I love it!

KP86 Mon 25-Apr-16 15:55:36

The city select is an awesome pram, but so heavy! I love that it's stadium seating, that it's only as wide as a regular pram and as PP said it can be a single or double depending on what you need. But the weight would get me. Especially once you account for two heavy toddlers.

A twin mum friend has the double city mini. She bought it in place of a mountain buggy they were given as she said that was too wide for them.

KP86 Mon 25-Apr-16 15:55:41

The city select is an awesome pram, but so heavy! I love that it's stadium seating, that it's only as wide as a regular pram and as PP said it can be a single or double depending on what you need. But the weight would get me. Especially once you account for two heavy toddlers.

A twin mum friend has the double city mini. She bought it in place of a mountain buggy they were given as she said that was too wide for them.

Mangobubbles Mon 25-Apr-16 16:12:52

City select baby jogger is amazing! Ive been using it everyday since 2011 when DS1 was 18 months and DS2 was new born. Still using it now as a single for DD 10 months, often with a buggy board for DS2. Fab buggy, love all the different seating positions and how both can see out all the time. The seats are wider than most regular buggies so bigger children got in nicely. Also it has a MASSIVE basket underneath, so useful! I will be so sad when I don't need it any more! It is a bit on the heavy side but it's also very sturdy and all the positive things make up for it. I lift it in and out of the car at least three times a day without any problems.
I hope you find the right buggy for you and your family!

AliBingo Tue 03-May-16 10:44:51

I have the donkey and love it, used with dc1 and 2 with 21 month gap then dc2 and 3 with 17 month gap, it's really nice to push, good quality and I like how it switches easily from double to single and vice versa. Not too wide in double mode although not as narrow as some.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now