Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

So lost!

(14 Posts)
PeanutJuice Fri 01-Apr-16 17:43:17

I'm due in June with my first, and looking to buy a pushchair.
Smaller is better as I have a tiny car, live in a tiny cottage and don't think I will use it a lot so would like it tucked away most days. I would like something suitable from birth but with the possibility for front and rear facing, I am buying a car seat separately so not looking for a fancy "travel system" just something very simple. Can anyone give any recommendations? Thank you!

Hufflepuffin Fri 01-Apr-16 19:22:35

Baby jogger vue, armadillo flip, there will be others too but those are the ones off the top of my head!

moggle Fri 01-Apr-16 20:49:04

I think there's a cosatto one called to and fro which is a reversible umbrella fold as well.
Do you want a carrycot or are you happy without as long as it lays flat so is suitable from birth?

DevonLulu Sat 02-Apr-16 03:28:27

Bugaboo bee or icandy raspberry....

PeanutJuice Sat 02-Apr-16 18:44:50

Thank you! Yeah I am happy without a carry cot as long as it can lie flat and is suitable from birth

DorotheaHomeAlone Sat 02-Apr-16 18:46:56

Baby jogger city mini worked for us. It's a bit wider than the maclaren we have now she's bigger but folds easily (one hand) so easy to store.

PeanutJuice Sat 02-Apr-16 19:10:53

Dorothea, How long did you have the first one before she got too big? (Also, Dorothea is on our names list smile

BikeRunSki Sat 02-Apr-16 19:15:06

Do you really need a pushchair to start with? I had a Baby Jogger City Mini - which I highly recommend - but mostly used a sling for the first 9 months or so.

moggle Sat 02-Apr-16 20:07:53

The city mini will last most until they don't need a buggy any more. But it's only forward facing. We had one, though had a carrycot for the first 5 months; the seat is lay flat so suitable for newborns but they'll be facing away. It is great for slotting away somewhere.
Most of the ones that rear face have a separate seat part which do tend to make them a little more fiddly to fold up and store. The reversible umbrella fold ones (like the Vue, and To and fro) don't have a separate seat but they have other drawbacks like having two handles which means it's difficult to push one handed.

DorotheaHomeAlone Sun 03-Apr-16 08:02:14

She's not too big for the city mini and we could have kept using it but got the lightest Mclaren for commuting into town with (rush hour tube and escalators) and now just use that.

sixinabed Sun 03-Apr-16 15:01:43

I second pp recommendation for a sling. Dd lived in stretchy sling for first few months, literally never went in buggy as it was so much easier to sling her. Then we got a Manduca semi structured sling (which can be used from birth), and now she's bigger she's mostly in a maclaren, but still use sling for things like country walks.

BikeRunSki Sun 03-Apr-16 17:34:08

My huge 4.5 year old (bigger than some 6 year olds, off the height centiles for her age) can still fit the City Mini, just.

CornishDoll82 Sun 03-Apr-16 17:55:08

I thought I'd have my LO in a sling but the reality after pelvis and back problems was I couldn't so watch out about relying on that!

Artandco Sun 03-Apr-16 19:39:52

Babyzen yoyo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now