Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Best budget pram?

(15 Posts)
AnnSmiley Wed 30-Mar-16 14:13:29

With DC1 we had a hideous Gracco travel system that I hated and got rid of as soon as possible for Maclaren that could lie flat. We have quite a few pushchairs (needs changed over the years so we have the Maclaren, and a Quinny Zapp that are still in relatively good condition) so we don't need a pram that will last for years, just something that will do maybe 6-8 months. I also plan to use a sling quite a lot for short journeys as it's just easier.

What's the best budget pram, maybe less than £200?

Cakescakescakes Wed 30-Mar-16 14:15:43

Would it be better to buy a second hand more quality one than a new cheap one that might not be as sturdy etc?

LuckySantangelo1 Wed 30-Mar-16 14:15:59

Why don't you buy second hand?

LuckySantangelo1 Wed 30-Mar-16 14:17:09

Sorry posted too soon! You'll be able to get a decent brand if you look on eBay etc. I got a icandy peach for £300.

KP86 Wed 30-Mar-16 14:17:19

Second hand City Mini. Wish I'd done it a lot sooner!

AnnSmiley Wed 30-Mar-16 14:18:47

We might well buy second hand, but it depends on the cost - I minded less £30 for a second hand Quinny, as that's not that much money if it was rubbish, but I'm a bit less keen somehow to spend £200 on eBay. That's weird, yes? grin

Cakescakescakes Wed 30-Mar-16 14:36:42

Gumtree not eBay. Then you can see it in person before deciding.

claireemma86 Wed 30-Mar-16 14:45:45

We had the little devils carrera sport which you can get different colour packs for. It was £175 and is a full travel system we are still using and she will be 2 soon. It has been a really good buy and I would recommend it to anyone

SpoonfulOfJam Wed 30-Mar-16 15:02:38

I had that Graco travel system with ds1. I hated it and couldn't bear to use it for ds2. We had a look in mamas and papas and caught the end of a sale. Got a 400 pound pram for 180. Might be worth having a look online for sales, they seem to happen fairly regularly at babies r us, mothercare, Argos, even the supermarkets have baby events.

AnnSmiley Wed 30-Mar-16 15:14:50

We nicknamed it The Tank, Spoonful. We got it for free from a friend, but it was utterly shocking. I could take out everyone on a pavement with it, like skittles...

Artandco Wed 30-Mar-16 15:26:24

Can you not just use the maclaren or the zap you already have combined with a decent ergonomic sling?

Buy a comfy padded baby cocoon/ soft carrycot to go in the maclaren the first 6 months, or even just a sheepskin liner to make it cosy

Artandco Wed 30-Mar-16 15:30:44

This looks good to go into maclaren

www.baababy.co.uk/footmuffs/cuddly-bag-little-sheepy.html

AnnSmiley Wed 30-Mar-16 15:33:25

I don't think the Zapp lies flat , not the model we have, and while I like it for running an older kid around it has no basket and poor balance, so I wouldn't like to use it for a baby. The Maclaren we always planned on using again but now they've stopped making carrycots for our model! They don't sell the head supports separately either confused, would a generic one fit? I suppose I hadn't thought of using it right from birth as DD looked so teeny in it even at 3mo.

It's frustrating because I do a lot of walking and so would prefer a good pram with a decent basket, but I just don't want to waste the pushchairs we have (which aren't really in good enough nick for us to sell them on and make some money back).

Artandco Wed 30-Mar-16 18:25:53

Which model mclaren do you have?

A generic soft carrycot or cocoon should fit. Either something like linked above, or the Phil and teds cocoon, or similar

www.kiddicare.com/p/Phil_and_Teds_Flint_Cocoon_Dot_and_Sport_and_Dash.htm

www.kiddicare.com/p/Phil_and_Teds_Cocoon_-_Black_For_Dot_and_Navigator.htm

www.kiddicare.com/p/Baby_Jogger_Vue_Soft_Carrycot.htm

If you don't think either suitable I would sell both prams you have, and buy a secondhand bugaboo bee. Not too big, lasts newborn to toddler

achildsjoy Wed 30-Mar-16 18:29:48

Gracos have come a long way recently, I would look at the graco evo as it is good value for money, joie chromes are also decent value. Mamas and papas have a fantastic urbo2 pushchair at the moment on sale for £299 or the sola with carrycot for £350? There is also a zoom package with carrycot for £279.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now