Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Maclaren Mark 2/Volo or Mothercare Pockit XSS

(2 Posts)
Pixiemeat Sat 26-Mar-16 19:27:43

I'm looking for a lightweight buggy for my 2.5 year old for day trips/public transport etc. Something I can sling over my shoulder and carry easily and then whip out just as easily when he gets tired. The lighter the better really. The Volo looks fine but my son is pretty heavy so I'm wondering if the Mark 2 would be a much nicer push as it has suspension and better-quality wheels. Though is it going to be worth the money for very occasional use??

Then there's the Pockit XSS. Which looks amazing to carry in the bag, but wondering if it will be sturdy enough plus the sun shade looks rubbish.

I'd be grateful for any opinions on these buggies. Thanks

Sundaysmumisfullofwine Sun 27-Mar-16 23:16:39

The pocket xss is flimsy, but size wise for carrying fits the bill. it didn't Feel sturdy enough for me.

I've got the mark 2, I find it comfy to push, my large 2 year old fits in it fine and its got a lovely big hood and a light raincover. It can be carried over the shoulder and it is very light but it does get a bit unwieldy on the shoulder because it's quite long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now