Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Phil & Teds Sport question?

(10 Posts)
ShamefulPlaceMarker Thu 24-Mar-16 15:46:58

Hi, I have recently been given a p&t sport.
I can't figure out the hood. Is there supposed to be a massive gaping hole between the seat unit & the back of the hood? Or is there something missing?
The hood has a strip of velcro hanging from the back of it & I can't figure out what it attaches to?

Pigeonpost Thu 24-Mar-16 15:48:43

Yep, the gaping hole is normal. All of my DC have v much enjoyed standing up and pulling faces at me through the hole. The velcro is for fixing the raincover to. Never worked out why there is a strip which hangs down and I've had it 7.5 years...

trilbydoll Thu 24-Mar-16 15:50:06

I've got an ancient Sport and there's a detachable panel that goes on the back. Unfortunately mine is also lost so I usually put a muslin there if it's sunny. If you want to get one P&T sell them in the spares section of the website.

RaisingSteam Thu 24-Mar-16 15:53:35

I think (casts mind back) I used to use that Velcro strap sometimes to secure buggy in Folded position, or was that the one on the handle?

Leeloo2 Thu 24-Mar-16 15:55:32

There's a clear plastic oblong that velcros into the gap. I'm away from home for a week, but I'm sure I have a spare one. Pm me if you'd like it. :-)

RaisingSteam Thu 24-Mar-16 15:58:11

I was wrong the bit of Velcro is to secure the plastic oblong if you roll it up, apparently.

Pigeonpost Thu 24-Mar-16 16:29:10

I was wrong the bit of Velcro is to secure the plastic oblong if you roll it up, apparently.

Really!!!! 7.5 years and I never figured that out... Possibly because our plastic oblong is long gone. Every day's a school day. If I remember rightly you only need that oblong to fill the gap when the seat of the buggy is lying fully flat? We have a doubles seat cover as well as the single one though and I can't remember if it works for both.

ShamefulPlaceMarker Thu 24-Mar-16 17:27:28

Thanks leeloo but my youngest is 2.5yrs old and it's only for running with so I can do without. grin
Bit of a design flaw if you ask me?! She's already tipped it over by standing as far back in the reclined seat as possible!

DixieNormas Thu 24-Mar-16 17:36:36

you can buy something called a back flap to cover the gap, check out eBay they usually have them.

one strap.thing is to put your hand through so if you have to let go of the pushchair it won't roll away (odd)

there's also a small strap thing that goes round the double kit and secures it to the frame when it's on the front

DixieNormas Thu 24-Mar-16 17:38:48

and yes if irc there's a bit of velcro that you use to roll up the back flap

I've got an Explorer now and it's a bit different

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now