Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Silvercross Kensington how long will it last?

(3 Posts)
farmerswife92 Wed 03-Feb-16 16:55:20

I've completely fallen in love with the pram and am wondering just how long I'll be able to use it. One of the reviews I saw suggested once baby is able to crawl its pointless. Anyone had any experience with one? How long did you use it for your children?

PennyHasNoSurname Wed 03-Feb-16 16:58:18

They are huge!!! Would it fit in your car/your hallway/on the bus?

I always saw these prams as those who lived on big country estates and baby only went for walks in the grounds for the first six months with the nanny.

If you xan then afford to swap to a practical stroller at 6m then go for it

SpottedLorax Thu 04-Feb-16 08:56:15

They are lovely but as penny says, only useful in specific circumstances.

I've got an emmaljunga pram that's fab for long walks from home (alas no country estate) but it's a pig to fold. I tried a few times and gave up. It also takes up the entire boot of an estate car.
I'm glad I bought it because we've had a lot of snow here (Nordic country) and a smaller pram wouldn't cut it, but I've had to buy a smaller pushchair too in order to be able to get on buses and in the car.

If you have space to park it at home, go out for long walks every day and never need to fold it and can afford a second stroller then go for it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now