Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

armadillo city stroller

(8 Posts)
woodwaj Fri 29-Jan-16 23:14:34

It's currently on offer so I'm going to have a nosey at it this weekend. DS is one and I have the M&P zoom and I just don't like it. Can anyone recommend it? You can only tell so much looking in the shop!

Piewife Sat 30-Jan-16 09:30:08

I have one and it's great. Small fold and DD is very comfy in it with plenty of growing room. Feels nice and sturdy. I would recommend it smile

woodwaj Sat 30-Jan-16 10:20:12

Thanks piewife

It doesn't look like they can sit up very straight in it, is that the case? Can you fit a changing bag on the handle and do you know if I can use my existing M&P footmuff with it? Sorry to bombard you with questions! 😂

1lov3comps Sat 30-Jan-16 11:58:21

Have it and love it smile

Piewife Sat 30-Jan-16 14:47:25

It isn't totally upright but DD is fine with it smile

Yes I can fit a changing bag over the handle, no tipping either. And I'm pretty sure the footmuff would fit.

jinxdragon Sat 30-Jan-16 15:15:04

We have one as well as a zoom. I prefer the raincover on the armadillo because it poppers onto the hood, not sure if newer zoom ones do or not because ours is an older model we got second hand. The raincover on my zoom is a bastard. Other than that I have to say I prefer my zoom. The armadillo feels heavy and unwieldy compared to the zoom (and that's with only an average sized 11 month old in) , it's very clunky and bumpy on bumps in the pavement. We just keep it as a spare in the car. I do like the fold mechanism though, it's very easy.

In answer to your questions, yes a changing bag does fit on the handle and I would be surprised if your current footmuff doesn't fit. It doesn't sit up completely straight, which may or may not be a problem for you.

Hellojoe Sat 30-Jan-16 15:26:43

I hated mine, just seemed really clunky and awkward. Da always looked uncomfortable in it due to the seat not sitting right up, so he always wanted a cushion behind him, which meant the straps were too tight.
Used for a couple of months and then put it on the cellar

woodwaj Sat 30-Jan-16 18:30:24

I went to the shop today and put him in it and he did look comfy enough and for sleeping in I found that the hood is a lot better it was quite dark and peaceful in there! He looked pretty upright in it as well and my changing bag did fit on. I've ordered it and hopefully it will prove to be better than the Zoom. You never really know until it's up and running though I suppose!! It seems a 50/50 split here!

And yes the cover on the Zoom is annoying I have the most recent version of it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now