Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

do you know if 4 yr old bcj mini can be adapted for car seat?

(11 Posts)
justonemorethread Fri 08-Jan-16 10:05:35

It's the three wheel one. I have a chance of a cheap second hand one but wouldn't need it without car seat!

justonemorethread Fri 08-Jan-16 10:06:16

Baby jogger city mini. Thanks!

gillyweed Fri 08-Jan-16 10:11:29

mine is 4 years old (its the gt model, but dont think that would matter). i bought adaptors with it to fit into the belly bar holes (either side of actual seat, on frame), they take a maxi cosi or the bassinet.

Tbh though, they are quite large and bulky, make the fold a little awkward and they almost make it a bit difficult to operate unless you always have the seat on (they stick out quite high) that's not sometime that really worked for us as I spent more time walking than in car.

They may have updated them to make them less cumbersome but it's defo possible!

Buy the buggy though, they are ace!

justonemorethread Fri 08-Jan-16 10:40:07

Thanks. The thing is this one doesn't have a belly bar. At least in the picture it doesn't. Hopefully seller will get back to me!

gillyweed Fri 08-Jan-16 10:58:26

I never had a belly bar. On the frame, either side of where hips would sit should either be holes or 1or 2 sort-of plugs (filling the holes!) - this is where all the attachments slot in to.

justonemorethread Fri 08-Jan-16 19:29:52

Ok, sounds promising!
One last bump for the evening crowd!

justonemorethread Fri 08-Jan-16 19:31:04

And thanks for replying!

Tfoot75 Fri 08-Jan-16 19:40:53

Mine is late 2012 model, and has maxi cosi adapters, same ones as currently I believe as going to replace mine for new baby and checked with baby jogger that old adapters / carry cot will fit new model which they confirmed so same must be true vice versa!

Belly bar is optional extra and fits into same slots.

The buggy doesn't handle as well with the car seat on and as said above the adaptors are quite large and stick out when folded. But its great for convenience of a travel system on something that makes a fab lightweight buggy for years!

justonemorethread Fri 08-Jan-16 19:46:20

Thanks, got the answer I wanted! It's def city mini right, not GT/Elite or whatever other confusingly similar models?

Tfoot75 Sat 09-Jan-16 09:05:40

Mine is city mini, but I believe it's the same adaptors for the gt. Not sure about other models.

dldl Mon 11-Jan-16 17:10:19

Yes....it's fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now