Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Anyone with these prams-help me choose between versa, graco evo and sola city..

(7 Posts)
mooms Wed 06-Jan-16 19:58:15

Hi,

After a pram for my 11 month old. He's a chunky tall boy and has rapidly outgrown my old style Oyster-the seat unit was just too small. I really want a parent facing one with a nice big seat unit and have narrowed it down to the babyjogger versa, graco evo or sola city. He's definitely my last baby so don't want to spend too much really if I don't have to. I'd sort of decided on the versa (possibly second hand) but the weight of it is making me waver... I'm 5ft 1-will I just find it too heavy? I did have an icandy apple so am used to quite sturdy, weighty prams..

The evo looks a good, cheaper option but my husband is 6'4 so I don't know if the non adjustable handle will be a pain...
Saw the sola city and looked ok but is it a bit too snug for a chunky child-dont want to buy anymore after this one.

Anyone got one of these prams and can give me their opinion?

Hufflepuffin Thu 07-Jan-16 09:46:17

Do you have to get it in and out of the car a lot? My versa is brill but it is very heavy when folded (doesn't feel like a heavy buggy when pushing or manoeuvring it). I love it though and my son is very happy in it. The graco evo is lighter.

Tigs0609 Thu 07-Jan-16 11:47:36

I have the sola city. I love it!

mooms Thu 07-Jan-16 19:24:35

It would mostly be for walking to and from places (don't drive-am learning this year though) as opposed to getting in and out of cars but will be going in car boot some of the time. Is it basically the same sort of heavy as a sturdy travel system-can live with that if it folds small ish?

Tigs0609-what are the pros/cons of your sola city if you don't mind me asking?

Hufflepuffin Thu 07-Jan-16 20:16:01

I've never had a travel system but I'd say so! It's not the worst because the folding handle makes it easy to manoeuvre. Also we have the gt so maybe the standard one is lighter! Someone just said on a different thread that they are discontinuing the versa (and replacing it with something lighter) so you might be able to find a good deal!

We have a lighter buggy but always go for the versa as it is so nice to push and the basket is so big and my son is so comfy it in (he has a two hour nap in the buggy every day)

EskiVodkaCranberry Thu 07-Jan-16 20:19:40

I've got the sola city, I love it but wish it folded without taking the two bits apart. It's great though. We got the yellow, avoid that because flies follow you around which isn't great! We got the newborn insert which was fab.

Tigs0609 Thu 07-Jan-16 20:27:40

I have it in blue. It's pretty easy to put up/take down, the wheels are fab and so far we've had no problems whatsoever. There's loads of space underneath to pile things on and we bought the newborn liner for ours so we didn't bother with a carrycot initially, as DS could just go straight into the pushchair. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now