Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Roomy umbrella stroller

(6 Posts)
theclockticksslowly Tue 05-Jan-16 00:14:14

I have a joie nitro umbrella stroller for my two year old DD. She's actually pretty small for her age but I always think she looks too big for the stroller - as if the seat part isn't quite long enough - looks like only the between the leg strap is keeping her in there. I can't imagine a bigger toddler in there. It doesn't look comfortable at all!

Can anyone recommend particularly roomy umbrella strollers or are the seat sizes pretty much standard? To be honest we don't use the stroller too often but on the days we do its for full days and I'd like her to be comfy enough to sleep! Thanks!

AliceMum09 Tue 05-Jan-16 00:20:15

My friend had a Silver Cross Pop and I always though her son looked like he was perched on the edge of the seat, so I don't think the seat on that pram will be any different to the one you already have.

You can't beat a Maclaren, my daughter will be 4 at the beginning of April but is still comfortable in our Quest. But she's petite too, about 92cm tall I think and 13kgs/28lbs in weight. Maclarens seem to have got stupidly expensive recently too, so I'm not sure you'd want to buy one brand new unless it was going to be used for future babies (the Techno XLR, Techno XT and Quest models are all suitable from birth).

theclockticksslowly Tue 05-Jan-16 11:57:58

Thanks! I might have a look for a second hand maclaren as it obviously won't be used all the time. They just look so uncomfy perched like that!

Hufflepuffin Tue 05-Jan-16 14:30:31

A baby jogger city mini is an alternative - it's a different shape to an umbrella stroller so bulkier in some ways but also flatter. The seat is ginormous though! You'd need to buy second hand to get one under £100.

vitalite Wed 06-Jan-16 21:15:48

Some buggy seats are shallower than others. I also found the silver cross pop a small one a few years back when I had one. I swapped my ds over to city mini and never looked back!

ByThePrickingOfMyThumbs Wed 06-Jan-16 21:21:17

I second a Baby Jogger City Mini. I put my 6 year old in mine recently (she was ill and I had to collect my other child urgently) and she fit with no problems at all. The seat is wide and deep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now