Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Stroller for newborn

(12 Posts)
Claire2212 Sat 14-Nov-15 19:53:54

Hi all, after some advice - I have a Jane Slalom Pro travel system but 12 week old isnt far off being out of the Strata car seat so looking at changing over to separate car seat with a stroller for easy travelling and local runs to the shops as the Slalom Pro is too big and bulky when travelling with a full car load (dog, 2 kids etc).
I have decided on the Cybex Sirona 360 iSize Car seat but am stuck on which stroller to go for.
It must be umbrella folding, have full lie-flat or be very close to and be suitable for a 12 week old baby, ideally something that will last into toddler years. I'd like the 4 x double wheels as live out in the sticks so these seem a bit more heavy duty.
What does everyone recommend?
Initially from looking at other reviews I'm think Maclaren Techno XT or Jane Nanuq XL but ive not used either and am miles from any decent town to go and test drive anything so will be buying unseen, so to speak.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Darcourse Sat 14-Nov-15 21:26:16

I don't understand how a 12 week old baby can be out if a strata? DS had one until he was 13 months old and he was a BIG baby (90th centile).

Are you sure it has been fully adjusted for your DC's size?

NewBallsPlease00 Sat 14-Nov-15 21:27:14

Baby jogger gt

Darcourse Sat 14-Nov-15 21:30:12

BTW we got a Mclaren Quest for DS when he was about 5 months old. It was a great lightweight pushchair. It's lighter than the techno so might be worth waiting a month or so and going for that instead ( it doesn't quite lie flat hence the recommendation for older babies)

Assquatch Sat 14-Nov-15 21:34:41

Xt. My nearly 3 year old is still in his and when flat has a padded head bit that folds up and a net to keep feet in

Claire2212 Sat 14-Nov-15 22:25:27

Darcourse, length wise he is fine but he is very squashed in width wise! (Mine is the 2009 model Strata, not the more spacious later design) - my daughter only lasted until 4 months in it when seat was at its deepest most spacious setting!

So I've been looking at the Baby jogger Vue. I love the fact it is both parent and outward facing but very mixed reviews - it seems it is very much a love or hate...

Are there any other umbrella style two-way facing strollers out there? I'm not fussed if a bit heavy - sturdy and safe is more of a priority. As he's still so young id much rather have something that can face both ways without having to rely on my trusty travel system!

PennyHasNoSurname Sat 14-Nov-15 22:27:15

I have the Maclaren XLR and love it. Not parent facing but hasnt done my dcs any harm.

Parent facing option, id go for a Bee. Pricey but amazing!

PennyHasNoSurname Sat 14-Nov-15 22:29:20

No way on earth should a 3/4 mo outgrow their infant seat. Is there a wedge in it that needs removing? Are they wearing bulky clothing?

Tbh if dc1 outgrew it that swiftly id have returned it as not fit for purpose. Why you kept it for dc2 is baffling.

Darcourse Sun 15-Nov-15 10:03:40

We bought our Strata in 2010 so would that have been the 2009 model?

I didn't use it on the pushchair from about 4 months, as he was too heavy for me to lift in and out in it, but it was fine in the car.

annaB1981 Mon 16-Nov-15 09:08:20

Have you looked at the iCandy Raspberry? Not cheap but worth every penny, folds really small and is light enough for me to carry with one hand.

AliceMum09 Thu 19-Nov-15 15:53:17

The Maclaren Quest has been suitable from birth since they changed it slightly in 2012.

Apart from the smaller wheels and non-extending hood I think it's actually better than the Techno XT for a tiny baby as there is a head guard that you fold up and popper together around the top end of the seat and a piece of mesh tucked away under the seat that you pull 'up and over' and attach to the sides of the pram. Useful for making a baby more secure and keeping blankets on!

The seat easily goes flat enough for a newborn.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Fri 20-Nov-15 11:22:24

I got a mothercare umbrella fold.

It came with everything! Cosy toes. Sunshade. Carry bag. Rain cover.

Laid flat. Had 3 or 4 positions from up to flat. 4 double wheels. Fronts locked or free. Handles fairly comfy. Loved it ! Nicely padded too. Decent basket and hood.

Was cheaper than some of the other names, but lasted well ( bought for ds, now use for dd) and all the bits were included.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now